holly  All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities holly
SYOS
Grassi Saxophones

Saxophones Grassi Saxophones

OP
MMM

MMM

It's a 'no name' tenor, no model name, this is the most common grassi you will find, some people love them, but then do these people own Keilwerth to compare them to? :)
My personal feel is that they have a great warm sound, but to get some volume you really need to push them.
Gut feel, it will probably need new pads for a proper play evaluation, one sold recently on eBay for just over £200... And it needed work...
Hope this helps,
M.

asdielman

Hi all,

I recently picked up a Grassi Prestige (S.N. 63468--early '90s), and MMM's article was a fantastic resource for learning about this interesting horn.

MMM, in their article, was skeptic whether or not a gold-plated Prestige existed. It seems the one I own is, in fact, 24kt gold-plated. Inside the instrument's case, there was a small flyer reading ...

And this is the shop I got it from:
Grassi Prestige Alto Saxophone

If you have any questions, let me know. Hope this serves to be some interesting information for the topic!

asdielman

How does it play? Compare it to any others you've owned?

Playing my Grassi 2000 Professional tenor last night. "Bring me Sunshine" - it certainly does!
It plays really well. I'd have to say the 90s-generation Grassi Prestiges are on par with the Selmer Super Action 80 IIs in terms of playability and tone. The gold plating especially gives it this rich low end with a very bright higher register.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Picture links seem to be recently broken. Last time I looked (recently) they were fine.
I recently picked up a Grassi Prestige (S.N. 63468--early '90s), and MMM's article was a fantastic resource for learning about this interesting horn.

MMM, in their article, was skeptic whether or not a gold-plated Prestige existed. It seems the one I own is, in fact, 24kt gold-plated. Inside the instrument's case, there was a small flyer reading ...
@MMM some useful info for you above!

Bruce Grove

How does it play? Compare it to any others you've owned?

Playing my Grassi 2000 Professional tenor last night. "Bring me Sunshine" - it certainly does!
These Grassi's do seem to be underated. I've had a Professional 2000 soprano for a few years now and it plays really nicely.

OP
MMM

MMM

Hi all,

And this is the shop I got it from:
Grassi Prestige Alto Saxophone

If you have any questions, let me know. Hope this serves to be some interesting information for the topic!
Brilliant! Yes I did see a copy of the certificate for a gold plated soprano on US e bay since I wrote that article.
Wow it looks spotless! Enjoy: I still have to put my tenor back together, it's been a busy summer!
I have also rewritten that article with all the info I have found since... Just needs finishing off...
Cheers M.

vin bia

Maybe this can help MMM that started this thread.
Lately, moving to a new house, I found an IDA MARIA GRASSI Alto Saxphone with serial #35269 in one of the closet. I bought it long time ago and it got lost during the many relocations I went through.
May have from you more info about it ? [I apologize for my english]

johndemsher

I picked up This tenor Grassi at a pawn shop in cleveland in early 1990s. Loved the horn. Struggled with intonation but oh the metal, feel and character of an italian crafted horn. standard Ida stencil but just a simple 4763 made in Italy below the thumb rest. which could mean its an original? One of the first ones made? We had some great times but I've got to let it go because I need to get a more modern horn to hit the altissimo notes and stable intonation until I can get my chops back up. What do you think i can get for it? It was professionally re-lacquered by barone and sons in cleveland. in good shape but could use a minor tune up.

Cyprien

As you can see from
the pics I've posted, there is only the serial number and the Italian and USA Patents.
This is the reason i am trouble in identifying the model !!!
Do you have news about this saxophone ? I will (maybe) buy exactly the same model and want know the real value. Are you happy with him ? :)

Thank you for answering me !

Silk0412

[QUOTE = "MMM, post: 161394, membre: 465"] Je pense que ce qui fait baisser le saxophone Grassi, c'est que vous trouverez rarement un puits et ajusté, parce qu'ils ne sont pas très considérés (en Italie si ce n'est pas un Selmer ça ne vaut rien!), les gens sont réticents à dépenser de l'argent pour eux. J'ai ramassé mon alto "Wonderful" et il a toujours ses coussinets d'origine (40 ans plus tard), une fois révisé ce sera vraiment très sympa. Ils sont si rares: le tien fait seulement le troisième ténor merveilleuse que j'ai jamais vu pour la vente!
Profitez et gardez le Café à jour sur ses progrès!
Manlio [/ QUOTE]
Bonjour, qui peut m'aider à identifier un Grassi avec photos S'il vous plait

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom