SYOS

Teacher Wanted Poole and Bournemouth Saxophone teachers help!

Baxter

I'm over in Lymington and was wondering about doing some playing other than to records at home. I see that James runs the Tuesday Night Jazz Orchestra but have two difficulties with this. My children have piano and singing lessons on a Tues eve until 1945, so would be late getting over. Then I see that he asks participants to be at least Grade 5 sight reading whereas I play predominantly by ear (a Maths teacher who struggles to count, musically speaking...).

Are there any other opportunities members know of either in Bournemouth/Poole or Southampton. Musical interests are very varied, most enjoy playing Soul, R&B and Blues and stuff like Ska. I play Tenor.

Pee Dee

Hi dallardj nice too see there is someone else from Poole on here, when I first joined the cafe I asked similar questions as you,
any teachers, other players in the area etc and didn't get any response, but now it seems there are a few in the area.
There was a learning swing band that met at Merley house nr Wimborne, run by Joe Gurr, who also teaches, but I don't know if that is still going. Chris Wild who contributes to this forum occasionally could help there.
I agree about the Music Factory, I had a few lessons there and was not at all impressed. The are better suited to teaching kids.
Now I just play at home for my own pleasure, learning from books, CD's, DVD's. One day I'll buck up the courage and go out and do a bit of busking, maybe you would care to join me!
Anyway, good luck with your search, James Rawlinson certainly looks good.

PD

OP
dallardj

dallardj

Hey Pee Dee sorry about the late reply! I always get behind with things!
I am self taught up to this point with the sax too! Luckily I have had members of my band who play sax guiding me in the right direction! I believe there is a band called come prima local, for all ages and abilities that I might go along and have a look at soon! Once I have found out a bit more about it ill let you know, if you might fancy coming along too? Sounds like a good thing just for the sake of getting out and playing!

Top Bottom