Tutorials

Tenor Viol's musings

OP
tenorviol

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Rubbish pic, can’t even see me :rolleyes:
There you go Kev - I've edited and cropped the image so that you are more prominently featured. We note the grey wizened features of the elder statesman... or is that being married and having kids? :rolleyes:

DZ6_1816.png

OP
tenorviol

tenorviol

Subscriber
I've kept quiet about recent GAS attack... I recently had to play my alto, which is a basic Elkart 100AS. It was the first instrument I bought. It was reliable, played OK, but I hadn't played it since I bought my first tenor about 6 or so years ago.

I recently did play it and it did feel a bit clunky and rather harsh sounding. So, when I took my tenor in to Curly Woodwind to be serviced, I asked about getting a decent second-hand alto.

Anyway, several week later, I got a message to say that a Yanagisawa 901 had come in and would be ready in a few days... So I duly went off and bought it.

I surprised my sax teach by turning up with the alto to me lesson rather than the tenor. It plays very well, I like the ergonomics of Yanis, and its sounds much better too.

It came with the Yani 5 mpc and I have a Selmer S80 C* mpc already.

I'm going to the Sax day on Sunday in Liverpool... I suspect mouthpiece GAS may feature...

IMG_4134.JPG

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Congratulations on the alto. Soprano next? >:)

I enjoy observing GAS attacks in others, so I await your mouthpiece news.
I want to try a Morgan Classical mouthpiece, but nobody in the UK seems to sell them.
(I got a second-hand Morgan 3C for my tenor, and it's great.)
Rousseau NC4 is also excellent if you are looking for a classical sound.

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Yes I bought a Yani sop last year...
So we have established that from a GAS perspective, sops are SOO LAST YEAR, and as helpful Café co-members we are helping you to plan your next purchase. >:)

I’m still leaning towards contrabass sax.
But bass clarinet is another option.

OP
tenorviol

tenorviol

Subscriber
Didn't quite escape GAS free today - welcome to new alto mpc....

OP
tenorviol

tenorviol

Subscriber
Did I mention the Yani T902 tenor....? Oops, that was last week...just arrived in Auckland for my birthday-present-to-me holiday... for next few weeks I am in NZ...
275284A7-6EF4-485A-9566-3EE820FF87B1.jpeg

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom