All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

What are you listening to (plus reviews)

OP
Jules

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Just Discovered "Weird Nightmare Meditations on Mingus"- a tribute album to the great man featuring a wonderfully diverse and unexpected cast built around Tom Waits' 1980s backing band and various other New York avant garde rock types- totally up my street, in my wheel house etc... there's even a documentary on them aking of the album on youtube

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Hank Mobley....have been working with a transcription to learn this. Have listened to it a lot lately! The whole album is fantastic.
This was the Mobley album my streaming service pointed me towards this afternoon. I'll be listening a bit more later, with a bottle of Beer and a glass of something Scottish to keep me company.

taiwanpaul

This was the Mobley album my streaming service pointed me towards this afternoon. I'll be listening a bit more later, with a bottle of Beer and a glass of something Scottish to keep me company.
From all his albums that I have listened to, this is the best (my opinion at least!).

Pete Effamy

Sounds like the m/p is a Berg Duckbill but what's the lig?
Dunno, but it's a really shimmery sound. The horn is an old Conn "deep sea", but works equally well at one fathom. It also has a helium valve which is operated by the ligature screw.

Dibbs

Lol Coxhill. What a character. I remember him playing in a skip outside Leeds art gallery and was very surprised once to see him sitting in with a trad band in a London pub.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

• Members online

• Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Beeby
Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom