Tutorials

What are you listening to (plus reviews)

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Lol Coxhill. What a character. I remember him playing in a skip outside Leeds art gallery and was very surprised once to see him sitting in with a trad band in a London pub.
Yes, I saw him a few times in a number of different settings. Always entertaining.

randulo

Playing alto 2 ⅓ years
Subscriber
I know you’re a fan (as am I) of Eric, this is an awesome version and transcription (you’ve no doubt heard it before)
I've listened to a lot of Eric but I hadn't checked this out as much as some of the stuff we're supposed to study at the school. Funny thing, my pianist brother is playing with Bobby Shew in Minneapolis in March or April, so when I was searching for Shew's latest, I hit on this, noticed Eric was on it, but didn't listen to it at the time. Now that I am I know I'll add it to my phone for closer study and enjoyment! Many Thanks!

Pete Effamy

I've listened to a lot of Eric but I hadn't checked this out as much as some of the stuff we're supposed to study at the school. Funny thing, my pianist brother is playing with Bobby Shew in Minneapolis in March or April, so when I was searching for Shew's latest, I hit on this, noticed Eric was on it, but didn't listen to it at the time. Now that I am I know I'll add it to my phone for closer study and enjoyment! Many Thanks!
The Body and Soul playing reminds me of the saying for a great handling car - corners like it’s on rails. Everything slots in, as though quantised but with feel.

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
I had to create Spotify playlists for my birthday bash on Saturday - something I've never used before. I then Bluetoothed the audio to the sound system, which my friend who is a sound engineer provided for the event.

I decided to have a scroll through and see what was available. It was interesting to try different versions of the Beethoven cello sonatas for example - I particularly liked Alfred Brendel and his son Adrian. Brendel retired from public performances some years ago.

View: https://youtu.be/-kR01qNHGxI

U CAN CALL ME AL

Subscriber
I am not, no I’ll rephrase, I didn’t think I was a Trane fan. Having carefully listened to “Crescent” 4X over in the last 24 hours I think that I may be finally getting it.
Why didn’t someone bring this album to my attention before and save me a lot of dismissive pain? I found this album totally engaging, one that has failed to send me to sleep while listening, even in its quieter moments, as do so many others. Awesome!

Keep Blowing

Commercial Café Supporter
Very cool. But I'm pretty certain that's not Don Cherry on Trumpet.
It turns out the none of the personnel listed are correct apart from Dewey Redman,. Does anyone know if this was released on vinyl or cd and what album it is from, it will make a great 60th birthday present for a friend

Hipparion

Can't wait to see you dance it in high heels... >:):rofl:
(these girls are seriously skilled, in addition of... hem... everything else ;))

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom