PPT mouthpieces

What are you listening to (plus reviews)

Decent playing. Evans hung himself in 1983, in his thirties.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgl0346dmrM

Eric Marienthal still looks pretty much the same and this show must be at least 36 years ago.

em.jpg

Most common in Wales thus giving rise to a very old joke, in shortened form:

As in most Welsh villages, everyone had the same surname, so were identified by their profession. Hence, there was Evans the post, Teacher Evans, Painter Evans, Evans the milk, and his brother, the crossing keeper Level Evans.
Level Evans got involved in a bar room brawl one night, and killed his opponent (probably called Evans). He was hauled off, tried, convicted and sentenced to hang.
He was eventually granted a reprieve and when word reached the village a crowd formed outside the home of his brother Evans the Milk, who was in the bath. They hammered on the door, and Evans the Milk leapt from the bath, and rushed to the door without bothering to dress.
As the door opened the mob shouted in unison:
'They're not hanging level Evans'.

Most common in Wales thus giving rise to a very old joke, in shortened form:

As in most Welsh villages, everyone had the same surname, so were identified by their profession. Hence, there was Evans the post, Teacher Evans, Painter Evans, Evans the milk, and his brother, the crossing keeper Level Evans.
Level Evans got involved in a bar room brawl one night, and killed his opponent (probably called Evans). He was hauled off, tried, convicted and sentenced to hang.
He was eventually granted a reprieve and when word reached the village a crowd formed outside the home of his brother Evans the Milk, who was in the bath. They hammered on the door, and Evans the Milk leapt from the bath, and rushed to the door without bothering to dress.
As the door opened the mob shouted in unison:
'They're not hanging level Evans'.
My father-in-law often talks about Garreth The Gas...

I like the slightly strangled tone of his G3 in the melody and on higher altissimo right at the end
Nice description - " slightly strangled tone "
I listen to Andy Snitzer a lot and he often plays with what I refer to as a tormented tone.
Dave Sanborn does it as well in his upper register.
I've been trying to figure out how to do it for years.
I am a so very strangled and tormented soul but it doesn't seem to help.