support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Tenor Viol's musings

Apparently, a little earlier, in the western tradition. I'm not knowledgeable, just going by

View: https://youtu.be/eoWtvPBKefc
1600 is usually regarded as the start of the baroque era with the development of the continuo line, the move away from polyphony, the 'invention' of opera.

The baroque style kicked off in Italy around 1600 and ran until around 1750. It is usually broken into three 50 year period of early, mid and late. Baroque is generally broken into three 'schools': Italian, French, and German, which are stylistically distinct.

The 'great' baroque composers that most people think of - Bach, Handel, Vivaldi, Corelli, Telemann etc are all 'late' writing c.1700 - 1750.

Early composers include Monteverdi.

England is odd. Because of the Reformation, England was disconnected culturally from Europe around 1600 and composers followed a different route. Although mid-century composers such as William Lawes were very inventive and John Jenkins developed the fantasia form, 'baroque' didn't really hit England properly until late in the C17th with Purcell.

I seem to have a acquired a midi keyboard... to go with Logic Pro X I've added to the Mac mini.... Should keep me busy for the summer - been ploughing through some YT vids... Any suggestions for good material fo Logic Pro and midis welcome...

I was looking to do some transcribing and arranging of some dance movements by Michael Praetorius for the sax ensemble. Whilst I know how to read older notation, they are rather more liberal with clefs... and time signatures were notated differently. This example is a G1 clef, also known as 'French violin clef' - the G is where you'd expect to find E...

Maybe I should ask them to transcribe at sight? :rofl: Oh - there's no bar lines either...

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 09.32.02.png

This is a series of 'voltes' - a type of dance involving a 'jump' ('vault')

Last edited:
Bass build update. The top has been made by laminating the three pieces of wood together, it's been cut out, and the space for the electronics has been routed out.

In the photo, mine is the second up from bottom on the left. The Spanish cedar back and you can see the purple heart layer.

201923806_10157999611855927_6969940939576942630_n.jpg

will the next major breakthrough in physics be driven by improvements in measurements or by developments in mathematics?
An article popped up which talks to this a bit... Thought you migh be interested

Succumbed to a GAS attack. The custom built 4 string bass I've ordered is still about 9 months away. So, I've bought a 6 string bass made by Spector. It has a burr walnut top with a pau ferro fingerboard (very similar to rosewood)

5B991D7C-8767-4916-970C-52E5C1430620.jpeg

089B2A62-CBE9-452D-BD49-49A32B1E3F43.jpeg

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom