support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

saxophone is good for your mental health?

Ebonite glues well!
And after a long wait, Randy was finally turned away at the Pearly Gates and began the long descent. After arriving with a judder and feeling the intense heat he was greeted by a man dressed in Red - "welcome Randy, here is your clarinet for all eternity. Kindly join either the 'scales and arpeggios' class or 'circular breathing notes of Kenny G'.

As you know everyone wants to enjoys and relax. Playing music is a simple way of promoting relaxation as it releases tension in your muscles, carrying away any stress or anxiety.
When your muscles are loose, so is your mind.Listening to music as you drift off to sleep is also an effective way of relaxing and reducing stress as it can help slow your breathing and calm your mind.

Listening to music as you drift off to sleep is also an effective way of relaxing and reducing stress as it can help slow your breathing and calm your mind.
Not for me I think - it would be playing in my head all night.

As you know everyone wants to enjoys and relax. Playing music is a simple way of promoting relaxation as it releases tension in your muscles, carrying away any stress or anxiety.
When your muscles are loose, so is your mind.Listening to music as you drift off to sleep is also an effective way of relaxing and reducing stress as it can help slow your breathing and calm your mind.
I read this and imagined first terrible spongy lift musak, then as I looked at @gustavowoltmann’s avatar, him drifting off to Cream in their heyday (which speaks to my musical upbringing:cool:)

Wikipedia: Brain structure within musicians and non-musicians is distinctly different.
hi, one thing people find surprising is that music activates nearly every region of brain we’ve mapped so far.
So listening to sax changes one so that future listening automatically activates brain regions? And also changes brain structure?

Perhaps we could produce a science fiction movie. Donate the profits to the Cafe. Trying to think of a good movie title.

Wikipedia: Brain structure within musicians and non-musicians is distinctly different.
London taxi drivers, also.

London taxi drivers, also.

Musicians and taxi drivers, @trimmy must have a brain as big as a planet!

Sophie's not here. (anyone get this?)
Scales and circular breathing notes are hardly your children... (or playing music all your life did actually quite a number on your brain, revealing lapsus?) ;)

Scales and circular breathing notes are hardly your children... (or playing music all your life did actually quite a number on your brain, revealing lapsus?) ;)
This is a funny thread, but I don't get my own joke about Sophie or the post I quote? This is a serious mental degradation.

This is a funny thread, but I don't get my own joke about Sophie or the post I quote? This is a serious mental degradation.
I always liked the Douglas Adams bit about the two philosophers when they realise they've missed out on a lucrative money-making life by saying that their brains were obviously too highly trained...

I guess @Pete Effamy 's infernal post (with an impossible choice) influenced me towards a Styron reference... and you weren't. ;)

With respect to the original question, my answer would be a double yes.
On a personal note it helps me keep being in the moment, which is exactly what I need these days (months ? years ?) to counteract some effects of my predominant analytical mind.

But more generally I think music (whether played or listened to) is very good for the individual, and everyone should be exposed to it (in a meaningful sampling of its diversity) and have the opportunity to try and play some instrument within a group. As always excess and constraints will bring their lot of disturbance, but that applies for anything.

As a side note, the timing for this question is quite funny to me since I am reading, slowly but surely, O. Sacks' Musicophilia, which is dealing precisely about that. I am not far in the book, but I would already recommend it...

I guess @Pete Effamy 's infernal post (with an impossible choice) influenced me towards a Styron reference... and you weren't. ;)

With respect to the original question, my answer would be a double yes.
On a personal note it helps me keep being in the moment, which is exactly what I need these days (months ? years ?) to counteract some effects of my predominant analytical mind.

But more generally I think music (whether played or listened to) is very good for the individual, and everyone should be exposed to it (in a meaningful sampling of its diversity) and have the opportunity to try and play some instrument within a group. As always excess and constraints will bring their lot of disturbance, but that applies for anything.

As a side note, the timing for this question is quite funny to me since I am reading, slowly but surely, O. Sacks' Musicophilia, which is dealing precisely about that. I am not far in the book, but I would already recommend it...
I'd be okay with scales and arpeggios. But not circular breathing. One, long note for all eternity? Makes Kenny G (and all the other showboating high-note squealers) less annoying.