support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

I have had a bit of an accident

Thanks Tom

Feeling much better today , most of the swelling had gone, if anything I look a bit gaunt, I have lost 8 lbs/ 3.6 kilos :shocked:

Head is covered in bumps and is sore

Thanks Tom

Feeling much better today , most of the swelling had gone, if anything I look a bit gaunt, I have lost 8 lbs/ 3.6 kilos :shocked:

Head is covered in bumps and is sore

That's the way my heed looked the last time my wife caught me buying new gear:shocked:
Hope your ok and your back playing,all the best;}

Hi Garry

Glad you're feeling a bit better, and pleased to hear you have some work lined up. Take it easy. You need a recovery diet now - lots of pasta and red wine.

Let me know if you want me to have a look at the damage to the bike.

Cheers

Jon

just thought i'd see how you're getting on? How's the head? Got band practice tonight i'll have a toot for you, rgds Phil

That's the way my heed looked the last time my wife caught me buying new gear:shocked:
Hope your ok and your back playing,all the best;}

:) Thanks

Hi Garry

Glad you're feeling a bit better, and pleased to hear you have some work lined up. Take it easy. You need a recovery diet now - lots of pasta and red wine.

Let me know if you want me to have a look at the damage to the bike.

Cheers

Jon
Thanks Jon, got to stay off the bike for a few weeks, can't wear a helmet
anyway, bikes is ok back wheel out of line and a few scratches and scuffs, not even started it since so may or may not be a problem there, no rush

just thought i'd see how you're getting on? How's the head? Got band practice tonight i'll have a toot for you, rgds Phil

Thanks the hunt, hope it went well, still very sore head but getting better

It's great to hear that you are making a good recovery. I hope you are back playing soon.

Jim.

how smiffy

hi mate just thought i would ask how you doin???????:sax: Tom

hi mate just thought i would ask how you doin???????:sax: Tom

Physically getting better,still with sore head

Mentally,depressed mixed with anger not just at the person that hit me but at some people who have not helped matters owning me money, me having to chase them

Thinking if I had died, would they have kept the money

Turns out they did not tell any of my work colleagues about the accident

Get well soon dude

I cycle to work everyday and it can be a bit of a nightmare. Car drivers just don't see you unless you cycle in the middle of the road.

I used to use a helmet cam but too much hassle. I now treat every motorist as if they are actually out to kill me.

mamos

Garry,

Sorry for the tardy post - I hope you are healing quickly and without much more pain.

Hit and runs at intersections ~ they happen here too. If they have cameras to catch your license plate when you're speeding, you'd think they'd be able to catch the H&R jerks. How do they live with themselves?

I used to drive a Vespa in downtown Chicago - a drunk driver ran a red light and hit my front wheel. I was really scraped up - reading what happened to you sends chills down my spine. But I understand the impetus to get back on the bike. I still have a Honda Trail 90 in the barn to ride in the woods.

On a lighter note - if your wife will be upset if you turn out looking younger - stop losing weight as well or you'll really be in the doghouse :)

Take good care, lean protein at every meal to help your tissues heal, and consider wearing some day-glo 80s colors when you're back on the bike. ;}

Get well soon dude

I cycle to work everyday and it can be a bit of a nightmare. Car drivers just don't see you unless you cycle in the middle of the road.

I used to use a helmet cam but too much hassle. I now treat every motorist as if they are actually out to kill me.

mamos

Garry,

Sorry for the tardy post - I hope you are healing quickly and without much more pain.

Hit and runs at intersections ~ they happen here too. If they have cameras to catch your license plate when you're speeding, you'd think they'd be able to catch the H&R jerks. How do they live with themselves?

I used to drive a Vespa in downtown Chicago - a drunk driver ran a red light and hit my front wheel. I was really scraped up - reading what happened to you sends chills down my spine. But I understand the impetus to get back on the bike. I still have a Honda Trail 90 in the barn to ride in the woods.

On a lighter note - if your wife will be upset if you turn out looking younger - stop losing weight as well or you'll really be in the doghouse :)

Take good care, lean protein at every meal to help your tissues heal, and consider wearing some day-glo 80s colors when you're back on the bike. ;}

Thanks Luluna

That's a lovely photo

younger and slimmer than the wife a deadly combination but nah I am back to being old :(

Things are beginning to get better, got my bike fixed today, just wheel alignment was out, I needed a new chain and sprockets so had that done, also the clutch was very noisy so asked them to look at that and anything else

Just needed a new clutch cable and they put a quality gold drive chain on, total bill was £160 and the bike is running better than it ever has for me

So I want to give a big up and thank you to Pole Position in the new kent road, they really are nice to deal with and don't rip you off

Also starting back to work on monday as long as my scan on friday is ok

The bad news is, looks like they are not going to catch the person who hit me, ringed number plate :(

Last edited by a moderator:
on Thursday

3453769958_d576643fe9_m.jpg

This over 50 ain't working even if I do look younger with the swelling

I am ok well sort of, bike is better than I am, the photo was last night, lots of swelling and bruising now

Don't know what happened but told I was stationary at lights got hit, they drove off

looks nasty hope you get better soon remeber when i fell off my 96 fzr 600r foxeye hurt like hell well was my own fult wheeling at 80 not notice artick stop defectice trailer lights was a wreck cost me heeps to put right

get well soon matey :)

Sounds like things may be looking up

Hey Garry

That sounds like things are looking up a bit. Bugger about the cops not being able to catch the swine (hope they get swine 'flu) but at least the bike didn't cost much. If you needed cable, chain and sprox it sounds like the accident didn't actually cost much if anything. That's CB5s for you. Tough as old boots and as cheap as chips to fix. Not like my beemer - had to get a new clutch fitted to that, and a couple of minor things. £700!:shocked:

Had a play on my old CB5 last week as well. Still a blast to ride.:D

Glad to hear you've got work lined up too.

Jon

glad you are back to work .I have another 2 and a half weeks and i am climbing the walls with boredom

looks nasty hope you get better soon remeber when i fell off my 96 fzr 600r foxeye hurt like hell well was my own fult wheeling at 80 not notice artick stop defectice trailer lights was a wreck cost me heeps to put right

get well soon matey :)

Thanks, no wheeling for me :shocked:

glad you are back to work .I have another 2 and a half weeks and i am climbing the walls with boredom

Not sure I am fit for to much work but yeah it has been boring

Thanks

Hey Garry

That sounds like things are looking up a bit. Bugger about the cops not being able to catch the swine (hope they get swine 'flu) but at least the bike didn't cost much. If you needed cable, chain and sprox it sounds like the accident didn't actually cost much if anything. That's CB5s for you. Tough as old boots and as cheap as chips to fix. Not like my beemer - had to get a new clutch fitted to that, and a couple of minor things. £700!:shocked:

Had a play on my old CB5 last week as well. Still a blast to ride.:D

Glad to hear you've got work lined up too.

Jon

Hi Joh and thanks
Yeah pretty lucky there was no real damage so just the cost of things that needed doing anyway

Even so they were great to deal with and really honest, I know the chain and sprockets cost about £100 to buy myself and fit so was very cheap, they will adjust the chain for free as well, I will use them again, they will be moving to Wapping in a month but worth the short trip

Wapping, Garry? If they don't open Tower Bridge to pedestrians again soon, you'll have to swim it.

Thanks Alan

I had my scan today, Looks like I will have to have another op in a few months time, have to fully get over this first, they want to do some more bone work, I asked if they could give me a face lift at the same time, and they said yes LOL

well sort of a face lift because of the bone work

The doc was not happy about me getting back on the bike but said I could, I have to go easy on the sax, I think he said sax

Back
Top Bottom