SYOS

I have had a bit of an accident

Pjonah

Jeeks Matey, thats pretty ****ty, I hope it was no-one from the breakfast room who did this, say dahn sarf London way, ;};}

Speedy recovery Matey, I got my VFR out for the first time yesterday too, someday I'll ride it!

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Been at the hospital today, thanks again

cops have got cctv, I was sat at a small junction, car hit me from behind, I went over the front of the bike, head hit the road then the rear of the bike landed on my head, car drove off, cctv was from a building above, cops said still trying to get reg, have put a accident board out, they are coming around tomorrow

Young Col

Nah Simon, like he's one us, in'e? We're out looking too. Got to oil the wheels on OG's Zimmer so they can't get away next time.>:)

Garry, glad to hear the police have got some cctv. Let's hope that leads somewhere. I'll PM you in a couple of days.
Colin

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Jeeks Matey, thats pretty ****ty, I hope it was no-one from the breakfast room who did this, say dahn sarf London way, ;};}

Speedy recovery Matey, I got my VFR out for the first time yesterday too, someday I'll ride it!
Looks like it's going to be a great week for biking, stay safe

Nah Simon, like he's one us, in'e? We're out looking too. Got to oil the wheels on OG's Zimmer so they can't get away next time.>:)

Garry, glad to hear the police have got some cctv. Let's hope that leads somewhere. I'll PM you in a couple of days.

Thanks Col

Colin
thanks col
btw, been told to stay away from the sax, to try not to use facial muscles to much and for bones to heal

Looks like I will be dusting off the Cello I have had for 2 years and only got to dow ray me

Last edited by a moderator:

dooce

Sounds like the classic old SMIDSY (Sorry Mate I Didn't See You) - what a b*****d for just driving off though. The perils of biking.......

Hope it all mends quickly and the t**t is banged to rights by the CCTV footage.

half diminished

Been at the hospital today, thanks again

cops have got cctv, I was sat at a small junction, car hit me from behind, I went over the front of the bike, head hit the road then the rear of the bike landed on my head, car drove off, cctv was from a building above, cops said still trying to get reg, have put a accident board out, they are coming around tomorrow
B@st@rd! They should shoot people like that.

I bought a Ducati 748s in 2003 which was awesome, did several track days and a superbike school with Franki Chilli - nice bloke. It was amazing to ride with him.

I was loving it and getting pretty fast on the track and had gained enough confidence in the bike to turn in under breaking even in the wet. I really got into it all big time! Fitted rearsets, single seat, slipper clutch - the works. Totally awesome!

At the time I was an Editor for the Ducati Sporting Club magazine Pronto and was lucky enough to meet and interview Troy Baylis, Capirossi, Shakey Burn, James Toseland, Mike Rutter and Leon Haslem.

Took the whole family to Rockingham for a track day only to have a mate have a massive crash - he nearly died. That put the wind up Mrs HD and then within a couple of weeks 2 other mates had very bad road crashes the same weekend - neither their fault.

Next time I put on my helmet to go riding I saw Mrs HD's face and that was that. She told me she'd started thinking 'that might be the last time I see him'. Couldn't do that to her so I took of the helmet and hung up my 'spurs' for good right then. Sold the bike a few weeks later. :crying:

I do miss it, especially the track days but the standard of car driving is so bad and there's so much traffic around now I don't think I'd ever get on a bike again - sadly.

I went from MK to Crawley a couple of weeks ago and passed 5 accidents, two had fatalities.

dooce

B@st@rd! They should shoot people like that.

I bought a Ducati 748s in 2003 which was awesome, did several track days and a superbike school with Franki Chilli - nice bloke. It was amazing to ride with him.

I was loving it and getting pretty fast on the track and had gained enough confidence in the bike to turn in under breaking even in the wet. I really got into it all big time! Fitted rearsets, single seat, slipper clutch - the works. Totally awesome!

At the time I was an Editor for the Ducati Sporting Club magazine Pronto and was lucky enough to meet and interview Troy Baylis, Capirossi, Shakey Burn, James Toseland, Mike Rutter and Leon Haslem.

Took the whole family to Rockingham for a track day only to have a mate have a massive crash - he nearly died. That put the wind up Mrs HD and then within a couple of weeks 2 other mates had very bad road crashes the same weekend - neither their fault.

Next time I put on my helmet to go riding I saw Mrs HD's face and that was that. She told me she'd started thinking 'that might be the last time I see him'. Couldn't do that to her so I took of the helmet and hung up my 'spurs' for good right then. Sold the bike a few weeks later. :crying:

I do miss it, especially the track days but the standard of car driving is so bad and there's so much traffic around now I don't think I'd ever get on a bike again - sadly.

I went from MK to Crawley a couple of weeks ago and passed 5 accidents, two had fatalities.
Thanks for that cheerful thought. Mrs Dooce and I are riding to Florence in a months time on my Suzuki VStrom, culminating (for me rather than her I suspect!) in going to the MotoGP round at Mugello.

I know there are dodgy drivers out there and the road conditions are the worst they've been in decades (pot-holes that you could lose small children in around our way), and there's nothing you can do if someone elects to rear-end you like they did with Smiffy, but I still feel safe on my bike so long as I remember to regard every other road-user as an unpredictable, potentially homicidal idiot. Of course when we get to Italy, that will be so much easier......

:)

Pauline

Subscriber
Garry - what a horrid thing to happen!! It's hard to believe anyone could be so callous as to drive off! :shocked:

It's sad but true, there are some nasty people about...:(

Hope you start feeling better very soon and can get back to your saxes.

Pauline

half diminished

Thanks for that cheerful thought. Mrs Dooce and I are riding to Florence in a months time on my Suzuki VStrom, culminating (for me rather than her I suspect!) in going to the MotoGP round at Mugello.

I know there are dodgy drivers out there and the road conditions are the worst they've been in decades (pot-holes that you could lose small children in around our way), and there's nothing you can do if someone elects to rear-end you like they did with Smiffy, but I still feel safe on my bike so long as I remember to regard every other road-user as an unpredictable, potentially homicidal idiot. Of course when we get to Italy, that will be so much easier......

:)
Sorry, just ride safe!

One thing I was doing was the Advanced M/C course - we used to ride with some police riders and other 'mentors'. I stopped riding because it was a problem for my wife. Had it not been I would still be riding today, though I suspect mostly on the track.

I figured track days would be fine but after Rockingham even that was a problem for her. Don't get me wrong, she never said anything until I just caught the look on here face as I was leaving one Sunday and I asked her what was wrong. Stopped riding in 2004.

Watched a Supersport race at Brands Hatch last year where Craig Jones died during the race. Saw him hit and just knew he was a gonner. I had assumed it was pretty safe on the track - but then we never believe it will be us do we.

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Thanks all , face is like a beat up doll today

I am no put off getting back on the bike, if I could I would today in this lovely weather

Bikes and bikers are pretty safe riders, 3 times I have been hit, once was the police coming down the wrong side of the road at a junction, a car coming out of a side road ( most common) and this

It really is mostly car drivers to blame, just not concentrating but it's you that gets hurt, you have to accept that

Life without risk is no life at all, look how silly H&S is getting

I simply can't have a car in London but I may go back to having a scooter

TomMapfumo

Aren't you old enough for concessionary fares yet.;}

Lots of love
Tom:cool:

As my trombone tutor used to say - "Forward and Fiarka; Menacle and Den go Sarka"

Anyway I've just played my first John Coltrane tune on Trombone ("Equinox")
which sounds ace cool, even by my standards! Not bad for four weeks playing:w00t:

SLoB

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear you seem to be recovering well.

My father was a policeman and the stories he told of bike accidents he attended put me off bikes when I was much younger. Since then every friend who has ridden a bike has had an accident - some quite serious.

I understand the attraction however and there are days when I wish I was on a bike. I suppose I'm just too timid and no risk taker.

That said, when asked what I wanted for my 50th (later this year) I said a flight in a Spitfire. I may be timid for two wheels on the ground, but give me an engine and wings and I love throwing an aircraft around. Never got a licence but whenever I have been up have also asked to do aerobatics (passengers on the Jumbos tend to get concerned though :D). This is all from someone who cannot stand heights! :)

Get well soon.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Wishing you a speedy recovery, looks very nasty. I hope they catch the perpetrator too.

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Thanks again for your kind words

Not heard any more from the police yet

AlanU

Hiya, I've caught up on this.
How are things now?

I've had collar bone twice, broken ribs and fingers, left ankle twice and cracked shouler blade. Three accidents where the Police successfully prosecuted the car drivers.
An Oyster card works well for me now.

Wishing you all the best.

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Good Morning everyone, Thanks Alan

Getting better each day, had a did of a bad turn Saturday burning up but it pasted by Sunday, had the staples out of my head yesterday, bit sore and lumpy, two lumps on my forehead(not big) and cheeks still puffy and sore, makes me look younger anyway :D

Looking at trying to get back to work next week, not sure if I will be up to it yet, still getting tired very quickly and anyway don't know if there will be any work

Police, still investigating, so that means they ain't got anyone yet :(

Garry

Edit, just heard there is some work for me next week, not to strenuous, saying that I am shattered today

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom