SYOS

Tenor Viol's musings

OP
tenorviol

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Well, physio rang, the boot contraption has arrived. He's spoken to the surgeon and he'll fit it on Monday... cue 2 months of wearing it all day every day (including to bed...).

supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces
OP
tenorviol

tenorviol

Can you drive, conduct and play sax while wearing the boot? You have commitments to fill at the cafe septet:D
I'll know on Monday whether driving is feasible. I drive an automatic and it's my left foot, so I'm hoping so or life will be very difficult given I live on my own and I have very few people who live anywhere vaguely nearby (my brother is about 55 miles away).

supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces
OP
tenorviol

tenorviol

Sadly, the ski boot contraption which enabled me to get around reasonably well, was faulty and it broke yesterday. It was showing some signs of distress when it gave way as I was coming down some stairs. I had a shoot of pain in my leg as my Achilles re-tore. I managed to get to the physio clinic even though I'm away on holiday (fortunately it's a music summer school that is not too far away).
A new boot is being couriered across to them today. My options were: have foot plastered, have foot strapped. I opted for latter.
I now have very limited mobility. My crutches have to take all of my weight as I cannot put any weight on left foot. Stairs are virtually impossible. I cannot carry anything. Just as well the rental apartment is very small as I can put cup or plate on end of counter, move to seat then reach over... This would not be possible if I was at home.
I missed orchestra and big band at summer school yesterday afternoon, and I am going to struggle to do much today (tonight is meant to be chamber music recital and I'm playing in two groups - a cello trio and a wind quintet).
I am hoping that new boot will get fitted by end of today.

Top Bottom