jbtsax
R.I.P. in memoriam 1947 - 2023
- Messages
- 8,990
- Location
- Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
At the NAPBIRT Conference this spring the Music Medic display had several Buescher altos padded with a new pad Curt Altarac calls the "chocolate roo" pad. It is a dark brown color and has the smoothest leather I have ever seen on a saxophone pad. I took a few samples home and showed them to a customer who was having his King Super 20 Tenor overhauled. He jumped at the chance to try them in his sax (with just a little encouragement from yours truly who wanted to try them out).
To my dismay, after I made a promise to my customer I found the pads were not even on the Music Medic website yet. In a panic I contacted Curt's assistant and she got right back to me saying they could make up a special order in just a few days. To make a long story short they arrived even sooner than they had promised, fit like a dream, and the installation was the smoothest I have ever done due to the perfection and consistency of the pads themselves. What's more the dark brown looks great with the older dark lacquer of vintage saxes.
The customer liked them so much, two weeks later he brought in his Buffet Super Dynaction Alto to have them installed in that horn as well. Again Music Medic graciously made up a special order even thought they are not officially on the market as yet. The photo below speaks for itself.

To my dismay, after I made a promise to my customer I found the pads were not even on the Music Medic website yet. In a panic I contacted Curt's assistant and she got right back to me saying they could make up a special order in just a few days. To make a long story short they arrived even sooner than they had promised, fit like a dream, and the installation was the smoothest I have ever done due to the perfection and consistency of the pads themselves. What's more the dark brown looks great with the older dark lacquer of vintage saxes.
The customer liked them so much, two weeks later he brought in his Buffet Super Dynaction Alto to have them installed in that horn as well. Again Music Medic graciously made up a special order even thought they are not officially on the market as yet. The photo below speaks for itself.

