support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

A Ballad a Month

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
I`m really enjoying all the different takes of this awesome song.

You know the Nat King Cole version is only Once through. So most PPl here could have a crack if they wanted.

I think the "Ballad Concept" is Genius and could easily last 10 years without getting stale:welldone

visionari1

Locality
Out in the Countryside of Nelson NZ
Gee I'm late in seeing this post....Great Idea Adrian.
All the playing has been brilliant.

Inspired me to get off my butt.

Not having recorded myself to backing tracks and therefore not sure how to tackle it.

I have a new Mac computer and Hal Leonard backings and a Shure SM57 mic....I guess the only thing stopping me is me!

I love ballads so watch this space!

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Here is my crack at it then...

I think you enjoyed that Trev:D. The alto sounds great:thumb: and the artistic license works for me.:thumb::welldone:welldone
Looking forward to the next one.;}:thumb:Thanks for posting:welldone:welldone

Chris

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
I get the feeling that this thread could run and run:thumb:.
It's all about enjoying playing the sax:D:D:sax:

BigMartin

Locality
Manchester, UK
Nice playing everyone, and a great idea for a thread. I will try to find time to have a go at this myself. But it's really bugging me since I noticed after hearing it so many times that the first 5 notes of the tune are the same as the (original) Star Trek theme (the "Space, the final frontier" bit). AAARGH!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxade

Locality
Tasmania
Just an early thought for next month... What about a tune with a Christmas theme... any tune of your choice.
This gives us all, time to Pick something, Practice, and then Publish... I am sure this will get us in the Festive mood >:)
Thanks Saxlicker for your input :thumb:

Cheers Adrian

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Hey Gallen, Nice one,:thumb: considering you where not familiar the tune therefore had to read it,:mrcool very well done.:welldone

Chris

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
Locality
Løten, Norway
Well done Gallen:welldone

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
As above, plus you are producing a nice tone in your playing :welldone

Gallen

Locality
Montreal, QC, Canada.
Thank you good sirs! Looking forward to the xmas edition. :)

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
What do we think about posting a ballad a month... that anyone who want 's to have a go of uploading their version of a ballad selected my one of the moderators each Month....

Great idea, I'm not sure the ballad has to be selected by a moderator. How about the first person to post a recording each month gets to choose next month's tune?

Saxade

Locality
Tasmania
Great idea, I'm not sure the ballad has to be selected by a moderator. How about the first person to post a recording each month gets to choose next month's tune?

Great... I was just looking for some structure so as to keep the enthusiasm to Have a Go...
My thinking is to get us to perform ( 'Play'... keeping in mind others are listening) by doing that we will all improve & because our audience is this forums members, the criticism, I am sure will be constructive & sympathetic ....
Maybe Boss you would like to give us something to strive for in the Christmas Tune...
Please ;}

Top Bottom