All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Your Favourite Picture Of You Playing

moxie

Locality
McHenry County, Illinois, USA
I guess I like this pic because every time I had an important part that night, it went soooo well! My 55 year-old Vito Duke 38b looks like it was on fire. After 45 years off I felt like I was back.
What Now Fall 2018 solos Jay last_Moment(3).jpg

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
I think this is one of my favourite action shots, caught at a wedding when I was with Johnny and the Zephyrs. If I remember rightly we were playing Lucile! I used to love playing along with Tony who was the pianist and a mighty fine boogie woogie player he was too!
Sax J & Z 3.jpg

helen

Mmm... That's a tough one. I just spent a bit of time looking through my photo collection. I didn't realize I had as many as I did.

I guess if I had to choose one, it would be this one by award-winning photographer Jason Brown. Before Jason became uber famous as a photographer in Canada, he was the piano player in my Bassic Sax Jazz Ensemble.

This was one of my Mark VI's last major gigs as my main tenor. The next year I got the Zephyr from Sarge at WWS that bumped the VI to backup status.

arty_blog_0001.jpg

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
re the smaller photo- why does the back of your head have its own microphone? very Harry Potter...

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
re the smaller photo- why does the back of your head have its own microphone? very Harry Potter...
Yikes. No Photoshop back then.
looks like the drummer had all the mics and I was stuck with the bug .tee hee. You have to admit though. They did /do allow for extreme posing possibilities, foot on monitor, lying on back, Pete Townshend star jumps etc etc.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
Yikes. No Photoshop back then.
looks like the drummer had all the mics and I was stuck with the bug .tee hee. You have to admit though. They did /do allow for extreme posing possibilities, foot on monitor, lying on back, Pete Townshend star jumps etc etc.
Sax mics were always worrying from that point of view....!!!
Screenshot_20210311-145302_Facebook.jpg

helen

Another "target microphone". Not easy to control !?!?! . No money, just good food ...... . A picture from a private garden party for some years ago.
View attachment 18840
What brand of sax are we looking at here Thomas? I am torn between a D&J, B&S, or something altogether different. I know it's not your Hammerschmidt--at least not the one with Lucite key guards.

thomsax

Locality
Sweden
What brand of sax are we looking at here Thomas? I am torn between a D&J, B&S, or something altogether different. I know it's not your Hammerschmidt--at least not the one with Lucite key guards.
It's a Yamaha 25. I played that horn for some years. I alternate between Martin and YTS 25. A modern sax is more friendly to my body. I don't play any longer so I'm going to sell my saxes. Maybe I'll keep a tenor and some others saxes. Who knows, maybe I start to play again!? But I don't think we are going to play again. And I don't understand the meaning of playing scales and long tones, play long with backing tracks, record myself ... when I'm +65. "Can't Teach An Old Dog New Tricks". If I get a call from a person asking for help to arrange a RockSax workshop or a small Blues and Rock event, I wouldn't hestitate.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom