support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What are you listening to (plus reviews)

Dino is one talented player and multi-instrumentalist.. I first came across him in an interview published in Saxophone Journal many years ago...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjeT0gZj_w

On tour with a certain Mr. Cohen...

Greg S.
Thanks Greg, hope you’re well man, and sorry about the bloody nose we gave you in the rugby but it’s been a long time coming!

How many instruments?! I thought I had too many on tour in 2014 with Soprano, Alto, Tenor, piano accordion and percussion. Took me 20 mins to set up. No wonder he has a tech. 3 EWIs! Guess you need spares. Unbelievable flight cases. Great player.

Thanks Greg, hope you’re well man, and sorry about the bloody nose we gave you in the rugby but it’s been a long time coming!

How many instruments?! I thought I had too many on tour in 2014 with Soprano, Alto, Tenor, piano accordion and percussion. Took me 20 mins to set up. No wonder he has a tech. 3 EWIs! Guess you need spares. Unbelievable flight cases. Great player.

Rest assured no bloody nose here - I was trying to remember the last time I watched an All Blacks rugby match or any rugby match for that matter I think it may have been 10 to 15 years ago...o_O

Greg S.

Not only does Elan Trotman smoke the melody with more soul than many, but this band is listening to each other, check out the comping, especially by guitarist Grant Geissman, and Otmaro Ruiz on keys. If you haven't checked out the Studio Jams on YouTube, you should, they are all amazingly good.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2bbBFNrpOk
Thanks for this Randy. See a few, and whilst they are all good, this is top notch. They play as one. Great groove, nobody over doing it.

Thanks for this Randy. See a few, and whilst they are all good, this is top notch. They play as one. Great groove, nobody over doing it.
Another lesson in listening. Grant just kills it with a couple of phrases here and there, right in the silences. A friend once told me, "It doesn't matter what part you're playing, as long as you're getting off.", and by part he meant where in the scheme of things. For those who have noticed my obsession with analysis of fine playing, think about the way the saxophone states the theme (first A), then on the second you start to hear more little "digressions", but not heating up a lot. More chromatic runs up to notes, more rhythmic articulation, more notes but still tasteful. A little more bluesy in the bridge and a big dynamic up to the third A section. Nice intro to the keyboard solo. Then, back in the sax solo, the blues comes out. All very classy.

Last edited by a moderator: