What are you listening to (plus reviews)

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Thanks for the introduction Halfers, really enjoyed that
It was actually on the back of your Camilla George post, Trimmy. He's been advertised as playing at Turner Sims for a couple of Months but I've only heard a little bit of him. I followed through on a bit of information on Camilla George and see She's playing with him at The Jazz Cafe. Thought I'd do a bit more digging and came up with this!

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Haha me too and found the same gig
Keyon Harrold + Camilla George Quartet - The Jazz Cafe

But I’ve just bought a ticket to see Keyon at Band on the Wall :)

It’s a school night @Jeanette :p
If the line up at Band on the Wall is the same as Turner Sims, have a look at Nir Felder, the guitarist (he plays on the previous Keyon Harrold video). Very interesting, slightly odd technique and sound on his solo stuff. Rhythmically and melodically he reminds me a bit of Jeff Buckley, but then he rips out some killer solos.

rhysonsax

Late night and mellow. Settle down with a glass of something nice, and relax.

I met Buddy Tate in the mid 80s at the Pizza Express and he was a gent - he could really play the blues in that Texas tenor style.

I think Milt Buckner is under-appreciated on piano and organ too (it's mainly him groaning away).

Rhys

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Subscriber
I think Milt Buckner is under-appreciated on piano and organ too (it's mainly him groaning away).

Rhys .
What is it with pianists with the grumbles and groans. I love Keith Jarrett's piano but get really chewed off with the bellyaching. You rarely hear a banjo player groaning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Top Bottom