BetterJustin
New Member
- Messages
- 3
- Location
- U.S.
Hello everyone,
I'm a beginner and I have been practicing long tones quite a bit and other beginner things. When I play it seems like the notes are strong and solid basically duck sounds or honking sounds. I often hear other beginners where it seems like the notes(sound of the saxophone) comes at the end of notes as softer, more echoed, and not as harsh. I can't figure out if this is just them having more breathe control and slowly the breath down at the beginning/ending of the notes or if it's some other technique.
Any help or insight would be very much appreciated.
I'm a beginner and I have been practicing long tones quite a bit and other beginner things. When I play it seems like the notes are strong and solid basically duck sounds or honking sounds. I often hear other beginners where it seems like the notes(sound of the saxophone) comes at the end of notes as softer, more echoed, and not as harsh. I can't figure out if this is just them having more breathe control and slowly the breath down at the beginning/ending of the notes or if it's some other technique.
Any help or insight would be very much appreciated.
