support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Tenor Viol's musings

With regard to amateur choirs resuming, reading the advice from ABCD (Association of British Choral Directors) it really is a pig's ear. Outdoors is OK provided that social distacngn is maintained and the rules for the number of people permitted to meet outdoors is adhered to. OK that's sort of doable but a problem for larger groups. Indoor rehearsals can resume provided that social distancing is maintained and the current rules for meeting people indoors are adhered to. That is utterly useless, unless you're in a one voice to a part vocal consort.

I expect that it will be another year before things will return to "normal". Over here in Belgium things have been a bit more relaxed for the last month or two. But then at the end of July we saw an surge of new Covid-cases (mostly in the big cities, started in Antwerp). The community band where I used to play (haven't played with them for the last 4 or 5 years due to other time consuming activities) had resumed practices. They played in the Church in order to have enough space and those that would attend had to "book their seat" in advance.
But now there has been an upsurge in new cases in our village and all group activities have been put on hold for at least a week or 2.

The music academy where I go to learn the saxophone should start again in September as normal. But I am not sure if the activities like the big-band where I played will be able to resume.
I am an optimist though, yesterday I went to get music glasses to be able to read the music score a little better.

The moon and mars. Samsung s5e tablet through bedroom window. Mars is the white dot on the right.

PSX_20200906_225658.jpg

Picture cropped with photoshop express.

Managed some pics with camera the other night, but not yet with the new telescope for various technical reasons (one involving felt pads - so not unique to saxes...).

In other news, my photography course started this week. Tuition is Mondays and Tuesdays in Liverpool, so it's 5.30am o_O starts for me those days... I might not survive...

By Monday afternoon I was loading 35mm B&W film into a Paterson spiral and developing it... I think I last did that in about 1982...
Sadr Region_2.jpg

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom