support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Tenor Viol's musings

Lucky for you Ron is missing on Sunday!!!

Jx
Indeed I am suffering for charitable purposes on Sunday - another failure to say 'no'...

So @trimmy does this mean that you don't want me to bake cakes such as the lemon drizzle cake , chocolate truffle torte or other foodstuffs in future for ensemble meets...?

Indeed I am suffering for charitable purposes on Sunday - another failure to say 'no'...

So @trimmy does this mean that you don't want me to bake cakes such as the lemon drizzle cake , chocolate truffle torte or other foodstuffs in future for ensemble meets...?
:eek::eek::eek:o_O

I wouldn’t say no, but i do need to start Shredding for the Wedding :)

I wouldn’t say no, but i do need to start Shredding for the Wedding :)
I've just defrosted one of those chilli-jam pork pies from the farmers' market, which I bought to bring on Sunday... but I'm in London, so...

Farmers' Market tomorrow - do I need to buy some of those pies?

OK. Pies acquired...
IMG_6335.jpg

I've had the steak and stilton pie - it was very good... :)

OK - music post for a change...

I play in a 'rehearsal' orchestra on Thursday evenings - i.e. we meet to play for fun, we don't do concerts. The format is we play a set of pieces, which could be used to make a concert. So, this is usually a concert overture or similar, a symphony, and some other orchestral pieces / suite etc. We run the repertoire for about half a term / 7 weeks or so, then change to a different set.

It's a good way of being exposed to lots of stuff. It is also good for sight-reading - you just have to plough on no matter how tricky the music is.

The orchestra is small, but there's usually 3 celli... but principle is off on her holidays on a Carribean cruise at he moment and #2 has flu... so that left me to sight-read week #1 of new repertoire. OK. Mozart overture to Marriage of Figaro - yeah the one where the bassoons and celli feature prominently at the start... Then.... Gustav Mahler, Symphony #4... with the exception of the Richard Strauss Death and Transfirguration I stumbled through at summer school, is the hardets thing I've ever attempted to play. Like any late Romantic era work, it is full of time changes, key changes, accidentals, complex rhythms, and in the case of cello department, abundant use of three clefs (bass, tenor, and treble). Bearing in mind cello is a bass instrument, I encountered top Eb i.e. equivalent of palm keys 1&2...
IMG_6328.jpg

Back
Top Bottom