jbtsax
R.I.P. in memoriam 1947 - 2023
- Messages
- 8,990
- Location
- Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
I read this term in someone's post and know very little about how those across the pond celebrate Christmas.
Mostly involves people donning ridiculous red jackets, jumping onto a horse and then tearing round the countryside trying to kill a small brown furry creature.....which, as it is far more intelligent than its pursuers, usually escapes. Quaint.



And there was me thinking he'd make a good pad saver type thing for your blunderbussFound a use for Targa at last.![]()
Mostly involves people donning ridiculous red jackets, jumping onto a horse and then tearing round the countryside trying to kill a small brown furry creature.....which, as it is far more intelligent than its pursuers, usually escapes. Quaint.
Boxing day is not about Christmas, but about the Big Chrismas Sale.I read this term in someone's post and know very little about how those across the pond celebrate Christmas.
Which is illegal, although that doesn't stop the ***** who think they are above the law.Mostly involves people donning ridiculous red jackets, jumping onto a horse and then tearing round the countryside trying to kill a small brown furry creature.....which, as it is far more intelligent than its pursuers, usually escapes. Quaint.
Found a use for Targa at last.![]()
And there was me thinking he'd make a good pad saver type thing for your blunderbuss
P.S. I am currently in a Mediterranean town where sales start in January, so everyone is just busy putting on weight.
Not far enough past. I'm old enough (and British enough) to remember when everything was closed on Boxing Day here, too. There'd be the odd sporting event and fox hunting for my betters (?) but otherwise it was about telly, cold meat and chocolate. The January sales actually started in January.In a glorious past in which I had a daily job in Oxford street (in three different shops, I am almost setting a record) I had a first hand experience of boxing days.
and I suppose it is nice and warm and dry and you have a lovely glass of red and are not thinking of us at all.
Have a lovely time 🙂
Jx
Thanks, but I am constantly thinking of you all, saxophones and British isles, since weather here is foggy, chilly, gloomy.
Food is better, though.
Saxophone updates to follow (yesterday we had bubbles and pandoro in the Sequoia workshop, after play-testing some a dozen horns).
Since he became a priest, we see less of him than we used to.
Ah, I see! His parish is over 3 hours drive away from us.I think Muttley's snigger may have been based on the reduced numbers who actually bother to go to church thesedays hence never seeing the Priest (Therefore never seeing Paternal Grandad).

