• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Beginner recording Summertime...so, how do I improve?

how very dare you.......:old:.............Smooth jazz is very sophisticated......:rolleyes:

This is one of the very disadvantages I have. I grew up with practically zero music education. Music lessons at school were mostly singing lessons, and basically I was told that I needed to sing better, that's pretty much the limit of my music education.

Like most people my age I guess, I grew up listening to led zeppelin, deep purple etc. The only jazz I ever heard was on a Disney film 🙂
 
how very dare you.......:old:.............Smooth jazz is very sophisticated......:rolleyes:

I'm sure it is in here:
lift 1.jpg


But not so much in here:
lift 2.jpg


:yess:
 
Well I must have confused another post.....LOL...ARML......

In that case vibrato and scooping are really all you really need.


The best thing I ever did for my tone and control was to go through Rascher's "Top Tones for Saxophone". All about overtones and altissimo. He was a classical player.
 
Hi guys - I found this old thread which is great. I don't mean to hijack it @Tiberius but I am learning Summertime, and I loved the version you posted for us. This is where I am at the moment (see below) - TBH I'm happy that it is vaguely recognisable. Still a long way to go. My timing is nowhere near, as I am still trying to get the fingering right.
Other than @Tiberius does anyone else have a video / soundclip of themselves playing it? I find it inspiring watching/listening to others.
View: https://youtu.be/zpuMqwXSwYc
 
Hi guys - I found this old thread which is great. I don't mean to hijack it @Tiberius but I am learning Summertime, and I loved the version you posted for us. This is where I am at the moment (see below) - TBH I'm happy that it is vaguely recognisable. Still a long way to go. My timing is nowhere near, as I am still trying to get the fingering right.
Other than @Tiberius does anyone else have a video / soundclip of themselves playing it? I find it inspiring watching/listening to others.
View: https://youtu.be/zpuMqwXSwYc
There’s this thread @Chris Smith UK

Nov 2016 - Summertime
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,262
Messages
576,084
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom