support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces sharkbite mp

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Locality
manchester
hi everybody

I'm looking at a sharkbite ALTO mp on ebay straight from the retailers DM at buy it now price £27 .it's a LAY 7 DOES THIS MEAN IT'S A PRETTY NORMAL ONE or is it likely to be an odd one that nobody buys .When you look on there site they are selling alto mpc's for £59 .Anybody know the numbering system...john

Yup, had them in sop, alto and tenor. Their 7 is a pretty normal, medium opening. Good value at £27 in my experience. Plays well, but the 'gold' plating will wear off. If you're going to get one I'd say go for the 7.

Jon

I would think 7 is on the wide end of the spctrum for alto, I think wided tips work best for tenor.

Alto =

7 - 8 and beyond is wide

5 - 6 average

4 and below narriowish

(based on Meyer/Link sizes which are slightly different but within a few thou

Hi jon

I've just replied to you once and that seems to have disappeared and then went to my ebay to buy it and that has vanished as well,spoooky eh...john

OH it's reappeared again, well at least the post has .I think I must have missed the last one but there is no sign of it at all in my ebay...john

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think 7 is on the wide end of the spctrum for alto, I think wided tips work best for tenor.

Alto =

7 - 8 and beyond is wide

5 - 6 average

4 and below narriowish

(based on Meyer/Link sizes which are slightly different but within a few thou

Thanks Pete

I'm never sure about the numbering system on mouthpieces I've got a metal otto link tone edge 8* and I can't play it at, all it's far too wide an openning for me...john

Back
Top Bottom