support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Online Shopping

Captain Clive

Can anyone recommend online stores for purchases sax & sax related accessories?

I recently purchased a new MP, ligature, reeds, etc online. This was with a US company. I paid for express delivery as mail usually takes forever to get here. The order, MP excluded, was shipped 4 days later and arrived within the week. However, the MP was sent separately 10 days later and not by express post. It is now somewhere in the US international postal system and has been for 2 weeks, no tracking. The supplier takes no responsibility and ignores my emails. Needless to say we will not be doing business again.

Who gives great, honest service?

Cheers Clive

Can anyone recommend online stores for purchases sax & sax related accessories?

I recently purchased a new MP, ligature, reeds, etc online. This was with a US company. I paid for express delivery as mail usually takes forever to get here. The order, MP excluded, was shipped 4 days later and arrived within the week. However, the MP was sent separately 10 days later and not by express post. It is now somewhere in the US international postal system and has been for 2 weeks, no tracking. The supplier takes no responsibility and ignores my emails. Needless to say we will not be doing business again.

Who gives great, honest service?

Cheers Clive

Hey Clive,

Who is the firm you have been dealing with?

I have had success with amazon.com (Rico Metallite mouthpiece), Junkdude.com (2 vintage Brilhart Level Air mouthpieces), WWBW (heaps of stuff over the years) Mouthpiece Express (trumpet and sax mouthpieces) sax.co.uk (the firm Jules' works for), and Woodwind and Brasswind, Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK (Bauhaus Walstein people - saxes and silent brass purchased), Thomann are good but one fee to this part of the world 50 euros whether you buy baritone sax or a box of reeds (!).

Cheers,

Greg S.

Hey Clive,

Who is the firm you have been dealing with?

I have had success with amazon.com (Rico Metallite mouthpiece), Junkdude.com (2 vintage Brilhart Level Air mouthpieces), WWBW (heaps of stuff over the years) Mouthpiece Express (trumpet and sax mouthpieces) sax.co.uk (the firm Jules' works for), and Woodwind and Brasswind, Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK (Bauhaus Walstein people - saxes and silent brass purchased), Thomann are good but one fee to this part of the world 50 euros whether you buy baritone sax or a box of reeds (!).

Cheers,

Greg S.
G'day Greg
The firm I had been dealing with is Saxplus.com. I paid $74 for express post for a small parcel. The main reason I bought from the US was it was 1/2 the price compared to Aust and a significant saving even with freight.

I rented my sax to see if I would enjoy learning - I just love it and have the choice of continuing with rental, buying it or upgrading. Don't know if I'd risk buying overseas though.

Cheers Clive

G'day Greg
The firm I had been dealing with is Saxplus.com. I paid $74 for express post for a small parcel. The main reason I bought from the US was it was 1/2 the price compared to Aust and a significant saving even with freight.

I rented my sax to see if I would enjoy learning - I just love it and have the choice of continuing with rental, buying it or upgrading. Don't know if I'd risk buying overseas though.

Cheers Clive

Geez mate, 74 bucks Australian, you're a bit keen. I've heard about you rich WA mining magnates:)))

On a serious note when I bought my Walstein saxes from the UK in 2007 they took less than a week from the UK to NZ - purchased on-line on Friday NZ time, arrived NZ following Monday (3 days later), phone call from NZ customs on the Tuesday for payment of charges, delivered to my work address on the Wednesday, that was for the soprano and the tenor took an extra day. If I recall correctly about 60 quid shipping charge for each horn, and each horn cost about 250 quid.

When I purchased my Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster on-line from a store in NZ it took 10 days to be delivered from Tauranga, about 100 km away from me.

All I can say Clive shop around and the get the best deal with some of the sites I suggested.

If you want to buy a new sax on-line try sax.co.uk.

Good luck,

Greg S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez mate, 74 bucks Australian, you're a bit keen. I've heard about you rich WA mining magnates:)))

Good luck,

Greg S.
Just a humble public servant. Being the impatient type I didn't want to wait weeks so coughed up the extra. Bloody MP still hasn't arrived and the rest of the order is not much use without it. The supplier doesn't give a rats, he's been paid and there's not much I can do except never do business again.

With the strength of the Aussie dollar prices look good on the mentioned sites. Just need to decide what way to go and what to get if I decide to upgrade. The one I'm renting would see me through a number of years if not forever. On the other hand I could return it and buy one that will definitely see me out. Now if I were a rich WA mining magnate the decision would be easy. But as a humble public servant feeding out of the public purse!

Cheers Clive