phoeg
Member
- Messages
- 62
- Location
- Oklahoma City, OK, United States
Warning: facetiousness and humorously intended sarcasm ahead!
Well, my first sax lesson hasn't even involved touching a sax or any part of one. I am learning that the hardest part of playing the sax is selecting a first one. And if one doesn't have unlimited money you're out of luck! Or so I'm led to believe. Oy vey!
I'm getting (from local people I've talked to) an attitude of (said in a grumpy and condescending voice) "Well if you don't spend at least $2000 USD [Approximately €1750/£1300] for a beginner sax then you'll never get anything good, you'll never learn, and you'll never get anywhere. You're wasting your time otherwise." Oh great!!! LOL
Unfortunately I don't have unlimited "play" money right now, so to save I might have to put this off a couple years — if I follow the line of thinking I just described. Or, I could do my research and get the best sax I can for now and save up.
Any thoughts???
Paul
Well, my first sax lesson hasn't even involved touching a sax or any part of one. I am learning that the hardest part of playing the sax is selecting a first one. And if one doesn't have unlimited money you're out of luck! Or so I'm led to believe. Oy vey!
I'm getting (from local people I've talked to) an attitude of (said in a grumpy and condescending voice) "Well if you don't spend at least $2000 USD [Approximately €1750/£1300] for a beginner sax then you'll never get anything good, you'll never learn, and you'll never get anywhere. You're wasting your time otherwise." Oh great!!! LOL
Unfortunately I don't have unlimited "play" money right now, so to save I might have to put this off a couple years — if I follow the line of thinking I just described. Or, I could do my research and get the best sax I can for now and save up.
Any thoughts???
Paul

Don't listen to these fools!