jthole
Member
- Messages
- 337
Just don't drink the entire bottle of wine before trying to perform! hik! or you'll be wearing your wine headset! (similar to beer goggles) 🙂))![]()

On a serious note; I wish I knew this trick already when (years ago) I was looking for another sax. Back then I have skipped a wonderful Buescher 400 tenor because it gave me problems hitting the low notes.
The low note response on my current Buescher stencil tenor also improves a lot when dropping something in the bell. As was the case with a Buescher 400 bari that I tried a couple of years ago. In contrast, I never needed this trick when playing any Martin, or the King Zephyr. So it may have to do with the specific bore design between brands.
Last edited by a moderator:

ye great practise - I did it, got the knot perfect for about 0.5 seconds but I got it and managed to tongue it 5 times in a row without the squeaking or fog horn. Of course it'll probably take me ages to get it again but what the hay - I also thought the knots in general sounded more soulful as well.