PPT mouthpieces

Jazz Workshop in Herts

Anyone know of any other Jazz workshops in Herts?
I found one the other day which I went to - In Rickmansworth (croxley green, mondays 8pm)
I was probably the youngest there by quite a few years and I'm 40! There was a sweetie crooning on the mike who probably knew the tunes from when they used to be played on the 'wireless' (and of course, the usual 5 or 6 sax players). Quite good though, as its the first time I've been to a workshop with the sax and was a bit intimidated to begin with. Pretty laid back - Its good to play with people of all sorts of levels.

Cheers
Jake
:D

There used to be a Jazz Jam at the Portland Arms, St Albans once a month - seen seven saxes there on one night. Not sure if it's still on as it changed hands a few months ago. Also a Blues/Jazz jam at the Goat on Wednesdays. Both pubs serve good real ales. Check out the 'Lemonrock' gig guide.
Also big bands at Kings Langley Services Club on Tuesdays.
I know these are gigs, not rehearsals, but maybe worth asking any of the players there.

Last edited by a moderator:
There used to be a Jazz Jam at the Portland Arms, St Albans once a month - seen seven saxes there on one night. Not sure if it's still on as it changed hands a few months ago. Also a Blues/Jazz jam at the Goat on Wednesdays. Both pubs serve good real ales. Check out the 'Lemonrock' gig guide.
Also big bands at Kings Langley Services Club on Tuesdays.
I know these are gigs, not rehearsals, but maybe worth asking any of the players there.

The guy who leads our Jazz group plays in the Big band at Kings Langley - His name is Ray Batson - he plays a trumpet or a trombone. It is worth asking him as he also does jazz groups near Luton, not far from there.

Emma

jazz workshop

there is a great workshop in watford for jazz I have been going for a few yrs. If you are interested leave a message you would be very welcome there