All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Jazz Workshop in Herts

Anyone know of any other Jazz workshops in Herts?
I found one the other day which I went to - In Rickmansworth (croxley green, mondays 8pm)
I was probably the youngest there by quite a few years and I'm 40! There was a sweetie crooning on the mike who probably knew the tunes from when they used to be played on the 'wireless' (and of course, the usual 5 or 6 sax players). Quite good though, as its the first time I've been to a workshop with the sax and was a bit intimidated to begin with. Pretty laid back - Its good to play with people of all sorts of levels.

Cheers
Jake
:D

Semiquaver

Locality
Hertfordshire, England
There is one I go to on a monday night a few miles north of royston.

Send me a pm and i will forward details.

Other members from this site include Emma and Bari251

Lloyd

Locality
Hertfordshire
Where abouts in Hertfordshire are you and what sax do you play?

Derek A

Locality
Watford, Herts
There used to be a Jazz Jam at the Portland Arms, St Albans once a month - seen seven saxes there on one night. Not sure if it's still on as it changed hands a few months ago. Also a Blues/Jazz jam at the Goat on Wednesdays. Both pubs serve good real ales. Check out the 'Lemonrock' gig guide.
Also big bands at Kings Langley Services Club on Tuesdays.
I know these are gigs, not rehearsals, but maybe worth asking any of the players there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emma

Locality
Cambridge
There used to be a Jazz Jam at the Portland Arms, St Albans once a month - seen seven saxes there on one night. Not sure if it's still on as it changed hands a few months ago. Also a Blues/Jazz jam at the Goat on Wednesdays. Both pubs serve good real ales. Check out the 'Lemonrock' gig guide.
Also big bands at Kings Langley Services Club on Tuesdays.
I know these are gigs, not rehearsals, but maybe worth asking any of the players there.

The guy who leads our Jazz group plays in the Big band at Kings Langley - His name is Ray Batson - he plays a trumpet or a trombone. It is worth asking him as he also does jazz groups near Luton, not far from there.

Emma

eddiesax

jazz workshop

there is a great workshop in watford for jazz I have been going for a few yrs. If you are interested leave a message you would be very welcome there

Derek A

Locality
Watford, Herts
Thanks Eddie. I would like to come along for a listen. I live in Abbots Langley so local for me. Where, when? Quickest way to contact me is by e-mail: daakien@yahoo.co.uk

Staff online

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom