support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

IOTM May 2014: ražnjiči & čevapčiči

I've taken a running blind stab at this one. Not very happy with the results.
You can tell I barely have a handle on the melody! And I run out of improv ideas way too soon, so a fade-out was the only kind thing to do for the poor listener ;)
I stayed exclusively in the Dom. Phrygian D scale which was a bit dull... Take 2 will mix it up a little more hopefully.

https://soundcloud.com/dubrosa22/undercooked-raznjici-cevapcici-first-rough-take

V

That is well cool Vaughan, very emotive. So good that I put a flying pig under your post (not entirely sure why that apparently means optimistic, although every time I hear your playing it's getting better and better, but what the hell, flying pigs are cool :mrcool )

Now, for my birthday at the end of this month, I would really appreciate if you could add a baritone part, mostly playing a concert G.
Ok, it's not the end of the month but your birthday appears to have come early.

We all like a good laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is well cool Vaughan, very emotive. So good that I put a flying pig under your post (not entirely sure why that apparently means optimistic, although every time I hear your playing it's getting better and better, but what the hell, flying pigs are cool :mrcool )
Means unlikely - as in "Pigs might fly":thumb:

Oh dear, I'm still on last month's tune. :blush:

Loved both Vaughan and Nick's recordings of this tune and of course Aldevis' Love the backing and look forward to attempting something - probably next month knowing my tardiness.

Oh dear, I'm still on last month's tune. :blush:

Loved both Vaughan and Nick's recordings of this tune and of course Aldevis' Love the backing and look forward to attempting something - probably next month knowing my tardiness.

You can still post in last months :)

Jx

Ok, it's not the end of the month but your birthday appears to have come early.

We all like a good laugh.
Glorious almighty bari!
I should write something featuring a low A...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Jeanette.

And before you ask, no, Aldevis, I can't stick a soprillo playing mostly an Eb whole tone scale on it.
Actually, I was thinking this one would be a good excuse to fish the spopranino out. Means playing in B, though, and the D#-E trill is a bit messy (when I try it, anyway). I hope to get round to recording something this month, but then I always say that.

Haha! Thanks for the piggie! :D

Brilliant! Thank you.
What is the noisophone I hear at the very end of the track?
If it's that drone that comes and goes through the track and finishes: its bits of sax phrase processed by Effects in Audacity with 'Paulstrech'... if you listen really carefully you will tell its Phrygian dominant, a moderately loosened tenon screw and an easterly backing north-easterly

The squeeky thing at the start is alto pushed an octave up using Effect pitch

I've not played around with Audacity before so it was a bit of fun

Back
Top Bottom