PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Bought a basket case

jonf

I've bought an absolute basket case of a tenor - quite deliberately, and it was very cheap. It's not good enough to warrant restoration, and it's pretty far gone. I'm going to completely disassemble it, keeping the reasonable bits for spares, of which there are quite a lot. The body already has two holes in it. I think I'm going to make another one in the bottom and grow herbs in it. I'm going to enjoy this.......:thumb:

It's unbranded, lacquered and engraved with a picture of Lady Ga Ga (seriously). It'll make a nice plant pot.

I saw that on the bay: if the left hand little finger cluster is selmer like (the pic was too small!), I might be interested in taking them off your hands... will pm you!
Cheers,
M.

Got to see a picture of that.... :shocked:

Well, since you ask, here's a picture of the engraving, one of a unicorn with 'Born this way' inscribed, and also, for Manlio, a pic of the little finger keys P1020642.jpgP1020637.jpgP1020638.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that sort of herb, Bill. Grew out of that years ago.

I was thinking of chives out of the smaller toneholes, flat leaf parsley out of the larger and rosemary from the bell.