All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Saxophones Bought a basket case

jonf

I've bought an absolute basket case of a tenor - quite deliberately, and it was very cheap. It's not good enough to warrant restoration, and it's pretty far gone. I'm going to completely disassemble it, keeping the reasonable bits for spares, of which there are quite a lot. The body already has two holes in it. I think I'm going to make another one in the bottom and grow herbs in it. I'm going to enjoy this.......:thumb:

Taz

Busking Oracle
What make and finish is it Jon, I just wonder if it will affect the taste of the herbs?

jonf

What make and finish is it Jon, I just wonder if it will affect the taste of the herbs?
It's unbranded, lacquered and engraved with a picture of Lady Ga Ga (seriously). It'll make a nice plant pot.

MMM

It's unbranded, lacquered and engraved with a picture of Lady Ga Ga (seriously). It'll make a nice plant pot.
I saw that on the bay: if the left hand little finger cluster is selmer like (the pic was too small!), I might be interested in taking them off your hands... will pm you!
Cheers,
M.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Someone posted here a while ago about saxes engraved with 'star' pics. Maybe I'll dig it out later, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

jonf

Got to see a picture of that.... :shocked:
Well, since you ask, here's a picture of the engraving, one of a unicorn with 'Born this way' inscribed, and also, for Manlio, a pic of the little finger keys P1020642.jpg P1020637.jpg P1020638.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Growing herb Jon?

You should be alright for water in the Ashdown but try and disguise the fact that you are tapping the electricity off of the nearest lamppost as the Council don't like it and Babylon will follow it. >:)

jonf

Not that sort of herb, Bill. Grew out of that years ago.

I was thinking of chives out of the smaller toneholes, flat leaf parsley out of the larger and rosemary from the bell.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom