support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BOTM Dec 2018 - I Want to Talk About You

This is a new one on me! Chords sound very familiar though, but my memory is a bit Misty...

Here's my quick effort - having fun playing with a saxscape slant mouthpiece which is much more laid back than my usual tenor equipment!

Yes, the changes in the A section are identical to a certain Errol Garner tune which you brilliantly quoted and then quoted the current SOTM. I love well used quotes. Gorgeous tenor tone and you really captured the beauty and feel of the tune. Thank you very much.

Nice stuff so far !
I had never heard that version, thank you so much. Beautiful! If you're going to fanaticize, go all out. I'll always be an alto player first, but there is something magical about a ballad on tenor.
Actually, I have been in 2 bands which played this tune fairly often, and it was the altoists in each which actually were given the spotlight on it. It's a great Alto tune.....

Won't what, listen or give up? Although it's true either way :)
Some will, some won't like Coltrane, I do, but there is a lot of stuff people post on here that I don't like, and I am sure a lot of people don't like stuff I post.

My 12th month of learning on the alto, this is my attempt at the BOTM. I can hear at least 50 things that don't make it, but it does illustrate where I'm coming from. I definitely feel the saxophone is a better voice for the music I hear in my head than was the guitar. In fact, a tapping technique I'm known for was an attempt to sound like a saxophone.

Nice stuff so far !
Actually, I have been in 2 bands which played this tune fairly often, and it was the altoists in each which actually were given the spotlight on it. It's a great Alto tune.....
That’s encouraging. I guess, to be more specific, it’s me on alto that has trouble with ballads. But I’m working on it.

My 12th month of learning on the alto, this is my attempt at the BOTM. I can hear at least 50 things that don't make it, but it does illustrate where I'm coming from. I definitely feel the saxophone is a better voice for the music I hear in my head than was the guitar. In fact, a tapping technique I'm known for was an attempt to sound like a saxophone.

Very nice! Your experience on guitar serves you well. Very nice swing feel in your improv. I am astounded by the beauty of your tone. Impressive, particularly after only 12 months of learning. I really enjoyed that.

Thanks for that! I'm trying hard to stop screwing around so much, but it's very hard to resist. I know I should at least stick to the melody for the exposition part, the first AB :) I've never played tenor or soprano and I'm anxious try try each Friday at that local store and see what that's like. I like the alto more than I expected I would.

Back
Top Bottom