Thanks Jeanette. Saves me rummaging around for it.
Thanks Jeanette. Saves me rummaging around for it.
@Nick Wyver - I would be very pleased to see your chart.Yes you sure have, best chart I've seen is the one our very own Nick Wyver wrote, much better than anything else and more importantly his fingerings work!! Pm him I'm sure he'll let you have a copy or you can do a search on here.
Don't forget "embouchure" includes what you're doing with your tongue and throat. Tongue position is very important in altissimo.Thanks for all your help guys
Now heres the thing.!!!!
Ive come up with some conflicting charts about altissimo fingerings .
There seems to be a few different diagrams/charts out there on the web about the fingerings .
Ive been playing around with them and it seems to me that some of the fingerings work no problem and some don't .
Now obviously a large part of this is embouchure control. So what ive don't is tried different keys to achieve the specified note and low and behold some combinations work.
Can I assume then, that because of the difference in the players embouchure, combined with a difference in the particular sax, make ,model ,setup ,etc that altissimo fingerings are different for different saxes.
And not as some charts suggest (that theyre all the same)
Regards
Allansto
Am I right in assuming alt F is front F?
It does strike me as odd that if we can get F# with front F and side Bb what use is the fiddly F# key?
By using the palm keys on my soprano sax I can get the altissimo E, F & F# notes. However, when I try to get any of those notes using the simpler fingerings all I get is a muffled
What tune is that to?When i first started to learn to play the sax,
i started learning to play in the altissimo range 6 months later.
I bought this online course, and within a month i was hitting
altissimo G , the guy who wrote it is a top canadian rock sax player,
even played with the rolling stones.
The best thing about his course, is he teaches you altissimo fingerings
that flow together. ie when you play an altissimo scale, you dont
tie your finger up in knots as on average theres at least six different
fingers positions for each altissimo key.
But, and a big but, make sure you can play 7 to 9 overtones on the
lower sax keys, otherwise doing altissimo is a complete waste of time.
Learn The Saxophone Altissimo With This Step-By-Step Video Course
no doubt, the wind up merchants will start up with their
self opinionated views.
All i can say is, this course worked for me, i did it in my own spare
time and didn’t need to pay for sax lessons with a teacher to
master it.
About a year later, i was fully playing up to the 2nd altissimo G.

no doubt, the wind up merchants will start up with their
self opinionated views.
But, and a big but, make sure you can play 7 to 9 overtones on the
lower sax keys, otherwise doing altissimo is a complete waste of time.
By using the palm keys on my soprano sax I can get the altissimo E, F & F# notes. However, when I try to get any of those notes using the simpler fingerings all I get is a muffled sound with an indiscernible pitch!? E.g. to get altissimo E using the alternative simpler fingerings, I press the following 4 keys: front F key, Octave key & the left-hand 2nd & 3rd finger keys.
I would be most grateful for any advice.
Atb. Ian.
If you ignore the potentially misleading word 'altissimo', it sounds to me that @IanLT is referring to the alternative fingerings forView attachment 12376
As I understand it the palm keys work but the Front F fingerings don't
Is this a technical issue with the sax or a playing technique problem?
