support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Altissimo fingering chart

WT Flip??????After a year or two of playing (learning) on and off, and thinking I might have got a bit of a handle on notes, scales and wot not, I make the mistake of looking at the link on Altissimo fingerings!!!! Kev, I’m a bit disappointed in you, you should have placed an appropriate warning for folk like me… “HERE BE DRAGONS… DO NOT ENTER” would have done it for me!:shocked:
Now what do I do? I won’t be able to sleep tonight worrying about this. Gosh darn it man, I’m in my late forties, I’ve all on remembering where I put my sax down, let alone trying to learn something as complicated as this! Apparently learning the sax is supposed to be easy/medium compared with other instruments according to the various sages, but what might they be comparing them with I wonder?

I’m seriously thinking now of selling my axe’s and taking up hang gliding. Less to learn, and only one thing to remember... DON’T LOOK DOWN, DON’T LOOK DOWN, DON’T LOOK DOWN….. oh, and the safe landing bit.:w00t:

That's thanks for you. I try to be helpful..... And all I get is complaints from somone who seems determined to get old before his time. I ask you..... Wish I was still in my late forties. :)))

And no, I haven't tried altissimo, maybe when I get to grips with the 'normal' notes.

I've had a good experiment with a few and already I've found a slightly different way to finger top A, which works better for me, on both my Yamaha 82Z alto and my Martin tenor.

I was using the 2nd and 3rd finger on my left hand and all three fingers on my right hand. I could hit the A in practice, but it was never reliable enough to go for it in public.

Now I use the 2nd and 3rd finger on my left hand, but with my right hand, I just press the F sharp key (the one used in low and mid register - not high F sharp)...much more reliable...

Martin

And no, I haven't tried altissimo, maybe when I get to grips with the 'normal' notes.[/QUOTE]

Likewise