• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Misc electronics All things in the battery powered microphone, mixer and speaker sphere.

⚠️ In Canada, the primary license-exempt frequency bands authorised for wireless microphones within TV broadcast spectrum are 470–608 MHz (UHF) and 174–216 MHz (VHF)

⚠️ Took a deeper look and found a caution! ⚠️
"Check the Specific Frequency Stamp. Products like this are often manufactured to blast up to a 150-meter range. Because they are powerful, you need to check the physical sticker or menu on the unit to see what exact megahertz (MHz) range it is locked into."
"Danger Zone: If the frequencies reads above 614 MHz, you run a high risk of getting severe static and audio interference from local cell towers, and you are technically operating an illegal device."

I checked and the unit is compliant but is close to the max allowed in Canada. 🎶
 
thomsax I tend to have to move about a lot playing DJ sax, down on the dance floor, mixing in the crowd, walk the tables or back of the house. I do get to just stand and deliver with many bands but I often am hired for the performance and moving about is required.

Unlike basic wireless microphones, a True Diversity system utilises two independent receiver antennas and switching circuitry. It constantly monitors both antennas and seamlessly switches to the one receiving the stronger signal. This prevents the signal dropouts caused by "dead spots" or radio wave reflections on a stage. For a moving saxophone or horn player, this is highly desirable.​

 
Thank you Vetirnari. 🙏🏼
Three years ago when I bought an EV8 and then a 2nd I wanted to connect them using UHF. I was using a Pro level wired mic at the time plugged into the EV8 and wanted better positioning of the 2nd speaker. I bought a UHF mic and a sender to connect the two speakers. No mixer just iPad into the speaker. They were cheap maybe $50.00, cannot recall the price.

I posted a thread on the other site about EV8's and received a lot of interest and very knowledgable input on EV8's and UHF. Many thought UHF was not legal back then. Learned what was permissible at that time. I did not realise that the "True diversity system" may exceed the allowable legal limit to achieve that 150-meter threshold. So good to know.

I have done gigs now with 5 speakers connected with UHF and 4 players on UHF mics. No issues and no sound tech!

I have expanded to a Mackie ProFX10GO 10-Channel Battery Powered Mixer so I can handle more players when needed. I work the mixers from my stand.
The Roland GO is perfect. Compact and easy to adjust on my stand when playing solo or with a couple of sidemen.

I have come a long way from a PA tower in a wine bar playing for two hours, noon on a Saturday. But so much new and rapidly changing electronics always something more to learn so input is always appreciated.
 
About spectrums_ Musk shared an X post from Sawyer Merritt, a prominent Tesla investor and commentator, who wrote: “AT&T CEO: Starlink Mobile won’t be able to penetrate walls. SpaceX: We’ve acquired 800 MHz spectrum, which will allow Starlink Mobile to provide better indoor coverage, including signals that can penetrate walls and other obstacles. People are underestimating Starlink Mobile.”

That frequency might toast the audience. LOL
 

Trending

Forum statistics

Topics
32,295
Messages
576,996
Members
8,094
Latest member
nilocssss
Back
Top Bottom