support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What are you listening to (plus reviews)

Just Discovered "Weird Nightmare Meditations on Mingus"- a tribute album to the great man featuring a wonderfully diverse and unexpected cast built around Tom Waits' 1980s backing band and various other New York avant garde rock types- totally up my street, in my wheel house etc... there's even a documentary on them aking of the album on youtube

Hank Mobley....have been working with a transcription to learn this. Have listened to it a lot lately! The whole album is fantastic.

This was the Mobley album my streaming service pointed me towards this afternoon. I'll be listening a bit more later, with a bottle of Beer and a glass of something Scottish to keep me company.

This was the Mobley album my streaming service pointed me towards this afternoon. I'll be listening a bit more later, with a bottle of Beer and a glass of something Scottish to keep me company.
From all his albums that I have listened to, this is the best (my opinion at least!).

Sounds like the m/p is a Berg Duckbill but what's the lig?
Dunno, but it's a really shimmery sound. The horn is an old Conn "deep sea", but works equally well at one fathom. It also has a helium valve which is operated by the ligature screw.

Lol Coxhill. What a character. I remember him playing in a skip outside Leeds art gallery and was very surprised once to see him sitting in with a trad band in a London pub.