Photo contest

Beginner Sax Website recommendation for used Bundy tenor

Yamaha YTS 21 or 23 should be possible in that budget. Might find a Vito branded version of the Yamaha for even less.

I don't think Bundys are awful, just not very good. I've had several of them, and have had one in all but name (it's branded a Buescher but it's basically the same as a Bundy) for well over 40 years. It was my first sax and I have a sentimental atachment to it, but it's nowhere near as good a sax as a student Yamaha.
I definitely agree with that. I too, also learned on a Bundy and had it elementary through part of high school. That sax had a great tone. I would agree that's it's not the best though, but definitely good enough for a beginner.

I have a sentimental attachment as well.

Hopefully the OP can find something in their budget shipped to Moldova.

Edit: I've really only seen one website recommendation as far as Europe is concerned.

Do any of you have a western europe shop that is your go too that has an online presence for the OP to explore?

Maybe one of you know somebody that can help him out?

Last edited:
Update:

I found a seller.

A bundy selmer for 250 dollars in playable condition.

It's from a reputable source.

Plus that is the 200 dollar shipping, then more for accessories.

I'd be more than happy to hear any other opinions backed with solutions.

Edit: I lowered my budget to 400 euros.

Last edited:
Update:

I found a seller.

A bundy selmer for 250 dollars in playable condition.

It's from a reputable source.

Plus that is the 200 dollar shipping, then more for accessories.

I'd be more than happy to hear any other opinions backed with solutions.

Edit: I lowered my budget to 400 euros.

If it were me, I would jump on it. Unless somebody here can show you a better horn for a cheaper or equivalent price which I honestly doubt they can.

If you do get it post some pictures for us. It's always fun to see pictures.

Back
Top Bottom