support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Vibrato 'nude' sax

I have owned 4 vibrato saxophones: The first A1 s1, the piano, the nude 2015 and the nude 2019. I think these saxophones are great for certain kinds of music and they look great. I use a arduino system to sound activate leds inside the saxhophone as well. There are a few problems with the saxophones though:

The joint between neck and body is wonky. It's either to loose or to tight. The pastic have cracked on 3 of my vibrato saxophones in the joint. The solution for me is to use a modified hose clamp to tighten it.

The strap hole is to weak and needs to be reinforced (it has broken on 2 of my saxophones). I have glued some metal rings around it to reinforce. it.

The g-key was a bit too long on the previous models and all broke off. Super glue is your best friend and works very well with Vibratos plastic, so when I glued the g-key on my saxophones it stayed glued. Vibrato have fixed this on the new 2019 ,the nude, with a shorter key.

A part from that it is important to grease your moving parts of the plastic saxophone (including the joint between the body and neck) with marine grease to make everything move smoothly.

There are some notes that are very hard to get in tune on the Vibrato saxophones . The E2 an F2 should be played with the low Bb key added on to get them in tune. The F#3,G3, G#3 are very hard to hit. for me and I have resolved to not use them on the Vibrato.

I have been using Vibrato saxophones on many tours, most recently on a 5 week, 30 shows tour with Trollfest in 2019. Some things broke (the strap holder and one of the joints between the aluminum rods and plastic (it could be because I used a too stong cleaning agent that was inteded for guitar frets. Now I only use a vinegar solution)), but nothing that could not be glued.

If a should give a explanation why I use this saxophones it's because they are very tight and light, it looks good and play well on a loud volum and low volum. Not as well on medium volum.

My saxophones are: Alto Selmer mark7, alto Yamaha yas-61, alto Vibrato the nude 2015, alto Vibrato the nude 2019, soprano Phil Barone, baritone Conn 12m the naked lady. Mouthpieces Theo Wanne NY bros 1 and durga 3
. Reeds Vandoren Java Green 2.5-3.

I have owned 4 vibrato saxophones: The first A1 s1, the piano, the nude 2015 and the nude 2019. I think these saxophones are great for certain kinds of music and they look great. I use a arduino system to sound activate leds inside the saxhophone as well. There are a few problems with the saxophones though:

The joint between neck and body is wonky. It's either to loose or to tight. The pastic have cracked on 3 of my vibrato saxophones in the joint. The solution for me is to use a modified hose clamp to tighten it.

The strap hole is to weak and needs to be reinforced (it has broken on 2 of my saxophones). I have glued some metal rings around it to reinforce. it.

The g-key was a bit too long on the previous models and all broke off. Super glue is your best friend and works very well with Vibratos plastic, so when I glued the g-key on my saxophones it stayed glued. Vibrato have fixed this on the new 2019 ,the nude, with a shorter key.

A part from that it is important to grease your moving parts of the plastic saxophone (including the joint between the body and neck) with marine grease to make everything move smoothly.

There are some notes that are very hard to get in tune on the Vibrato saxophones . The E2 an F2 should be played with the low Bb key added on to get them in tune. The F#3,G3, G#3 are very hard to hit. for me and I have resolved to not use them on the Vibrato.

I have been using Vibrato saxophones on many tours, most recently on a 5 week, 30 shows tour with Trollfest in 2019. Some things broke (the strap holder and one of the joints between the aluminum rods and plastic (it could be because I used a too stong cleaning agent that was inteded for guitar frets. Now I only use a vinegar solution)), but nothing that could not be glued.

If a should give a explanation why I use this saxophones it's because they are very tight and light, it looks good and play well on a loud volum and low volum. Not as well on medium volum.

My saxophones are: Alto Selmer mark7, alto Yamaha yas-61, alto Vibrato the nude 2015, alto Vibrato the nude 2019, soprano Phil Barone, baritone Conn 12m the naked lady. Mouthpieces Theo Wanne NY bros 1 and durga 3. Reeds Vandoren Java Green 2.5-3.
If we ever reach a situation where all airlines make you put your horn in the hold, do you think that the Vibrato would hold up better than a brass sax in this situation?

Photos please
Here are one from Masters of rock.
masters of rock.jpg

If we ever reach a situation where all airlines make you put your horn in the hold, do you think that the Vibrato would hold up better than a brass sax in this situation?
I actually think a vibrato would hold up better because it is a more rigid construction. The weakest point of a brass saxophone are impacts at the bottom. This is a common problem when transporting a saxophone and will often move the keys and make the saxophone leaky or unplayable. Because brass can be bent it is a bit vulnerable from shock impacts. Plastic will rather break from an impact than bend.

Here are one from Masters of rock.
View attachment 13436

I actually think a vibrato would hold up better because it is a more rigid construction. The weakest point of a brass saxophone are impacts at the bottom. This is a common problem when transporting a saxophone and will often move the keys and make the saxophone leaky or unplayable. Because brass can be bent it is a bit vulnerable from shock impacts. Plastic will rather break from an impact than bend.
I thought you’d say something like that. If I was flying regularly again I’d certainly consider one.

Back
Top Bottom