support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Venus Baritone

Venus Baritone: Sounds like either a strange hooker or a bizarre rap singer!

Hi Jack :)))
You obviously didn't follow the Venus Saxophone thread at 'That Other Place :w00t:'

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet"

Hi Jack :)))
You obviously didn't follow the Venus Saxophone thread at 'That Other Place :w00t:'

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet"

I got a Venus sop for Christmas. £92 new (+ £10 delivery), auctioned on ebay by discount-musical. It's a hideous Barbie pink, but otherwise I'm very happy with it. Sounds smoother than my other cheap sop (a Bentley). No idea why --- different bore taper maybe? Had to tweak one of the springs, but otherwise set-up seems fine.

I got a Venus sop for Christmas. £92 new (+ £10 delivery), auctioned on ebay by discount-musical. It's a hideous Barbie pink, but otherwise I'm very happy with it. Sounds smoother than my other cheap sop (a Bentley). No idea why --- different bore taper maybe? Had to tweak one of the springs, but otherwise set-up seems fine.

Bari next on the list? ;}

John:);}

Venus Bari for sale here if anyone's interested...

NB. I am not connected with the seller. I do not wish to buy it.

Venus Bari for sale here if anyone's interested...

NB. I am not connected with the seller. I do not wish to buy it.
Thanks. Apart from the old thread above anyone got any thoughts on these baris?

Thanks. Apart from the old thread above anyone got any thoughts on these baris?
And open to offers! At that price I would get it regardless! You should be close enough to go and try it out, I'm guessing you'll have to be quick.

I hope it's OK!

You have to be a bit careful with bari saxes from Chinese suppliers as it seems that while some factories are happy to knock out decent altos and tenors, they won't make baritones or sopranos...so a baritone may well not be from the same original source as the altos and tenors.

I had a quick look at the Venus site, and fortunately I can see that the bari is of the Yamaha type...with the low A thumb key arm that goes under the top stack.
These type tend, on the whole, to be the best models.

Regards,
I wonder if @Stephen Howard has come across one since then?

Slightly off topic. Curly woodwind in Liverpool are offering the Trevor James Classic II low A Baritone brand new for £1699.

Reactions: MMM
And open to offers! At that price I would get it regardless! You should be close enough to go and try it out, I'm guessing you'll have to be quick.
Correct. I’m second in the queue again

I'm a little concerned about the 4th picture. Doesn't look like a bari could fit in that.

FWIW, I used to have a Venus soprano which was alright. Decent quality for the price, good intonation. Pads and pearls often fell out, but I attribute that to age mostly.

Good luck.

EDIT: Much better pics on Facebook. No camping equipment this time.

Last edited:
Offer a bit more? Almost never works as most seller's are principled.

Or...

...bin the case! That's how it got the dents!
Nice. Long trek from Devon
No waiting to see if first person wants it
its gone :-(

I'll keep looking... what's your budget again?

Thank you. Ideally under £2k. I’ve seen the curlywoodwind Trevor James but never tried one. Tried a Conn Selmer avant- which I liked but a bit over budget snd a few cheap Chinese not so impressed. But beggars can’t be choosers

Had mine 18 months. Still plays and looks great

Back
Top Bottom