• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
sax.co.uk

Vapers

Stephen Howard

Franky m'dear, I don't give a damn.

Ooh hang on a mo, that's not Noel Coward.

Er...is there honey still for tea?

Umm...elementary my dear Watson?

The force is strong in this one??

I am NOT from Havana????

OK, who's been tampering with my Noel Coward quote cards???

@Stephen Howard yeah I love my mechs, they’re mostly clones though, I generally use a reulaux for work as the triple 18650 lasts for ever, the stingray with an 18350 is great as long as you have a couple of spares with you.
Re squonking I picked this up a while back it’s only a kangertech but it’s very pocket friendly and works fine
Pic on next post had some issues posting pic

Last edited:

Colin the Bear

I've been diagnosed twice with asthma. Strangely smoking helped. First time it went away when the cat died. :rolleyes:. Second time it went away when I stopped living with a Springer Spaniel. Doctors were bemused as apparently asthma doesn't have a cure. Still. I enjoyed the steroids.

teebones

Subscriber
Just pause for a few seconds.

What about all the noxious fumes and other hazardous materials used, which is inhaled by workers producing our beloved horn in the manufacturing process.???? :w00t: :old:

Stephen Howard

Just pause for a few seconds.

What about all the noxious fumes and other hazardous materials used, which is inhaled by workers producing our beloved horn in the manufacturing process.???? :w00t: :old:
Never mind that s**t - what about all the stuff we repairers have to breathe in when we take your horns apart?
It's enough to put you off mushy peas for life.

Stephen Howard

So... can you vape whisk(e)y?
Actually, you can. Sort of.
One of the compounds that makes vapour, vegetable glycerin, is pretty thick stuff in its usual state - so it has to be thinned down. Typically you'd use purified water, but alchohol can also be used...of which vodka is a common choice.
The quantities are miniscule though, which is just as well because inhaling strong alcholol vapours could be quite a risky business - not the least of which is that you could make yourself seriously drunk in a very short space of time.

jazzdoh

So... can you vape whisk(e)y?
Actually, you can. Sort of.
One of the compounds that makes vapour, vegetable glycerin, is pretty thick stuff in its usual state - so it has to be thinned down. Typically you'd use purified water, but alchohol can also be used...of which vodka is a common choice.
The quantities are miniscule though, which is just as well because inhaling strong alcholol vapours could be quite a risky business - not the least of which is that you could make yourself seriously drunk in a very short space of time.
Did know that you could vape alcohol but i think i'll stick to drinking it.

Melissa

I smoked from 18yrs of age passively smoking as I grew up, I packed up last year for 20 weeks with the help of e-cigs and then started again after getting a bad chest infection??!!(utter insanity), I really wanted to pack up and went on the Champix in November, please-don't ever take this stuff as it is evil, yes I packed up, no i do not wish for a ciggy whatsoever but the strange drug did affect me in some ways that I ended up in hospital with ketacidosis, now I cannot even see properly until my eyes settle down again so cannot even do any repairs as such my workshop remains closed.

Now I cannot bear the thought of smoking because really, this is what started it off and I am suffering in many ways because of it, I am however delighted that I don't wish to have one, my practice time is far longer than before and long notes seem to keep going on and on, i do not even reach for my inhaler when i was using it a few times daily.

Stephen Howard

That Champix/Chantix/varenicline is nasty stuff. It's a scandal that it ever got licensed. There have been a few payouts as a result of side-effects/deaths...but someone really ought to serve a stretch inside for what this drug has done to people.