Nope, it doesn’t work well.And then there's magnetic dent ball system, which probably wouldn't work too well on a steel body panel.
And then there's magnetic dent ball system, which probably wouldn't work too well on a steel body panel.
Not sure how one for autos would fare on brass instruments.🙂🙂.. Anyone used a PDR (paint less dent removal) system on a sax?? I am currently using one on my car and it seems to me that it could be quite useful on saxophones? Regards..🙂🙂
Is this currently available ?I have one made for brass instruments
Basically what I have plus all my automotive hammers & dollies. Mix in an assortment of wood mandrills and DIY hammers.The best is to have on-hand a combination of MDR (magnetic dent removal) specifically for brass instruments, and then conventional dent ball + rods.....
Here's an over-the-top version, new:Is this currently available ?
Basically what I have plus all my automotive hammers & dollies. Mix in an assortment of wood mandrills and DIY hammers.
Thanks for the info. Thought I was going to see something different. I know about those sets. Fleabay listing is interesting.Now, I have read reports elsewhere that one CAN MAKE their own system. Again, the balls cost maybe $10-15/ea, you get a half-dozen balls you will be set up pretty well. $80 there
The magnet handheld portion of mine is simply a stack of magnetic discs slapped together, in a custom fitting rubber sleeve with one end open.
Quick perusal eFlay, here's a seller of the discs:
40MM diameter discs around $30/ea, I wold say one would need six at least, stacked. Maybe seven. 50MM diameter would probably be better, maybe they give a discount for buying multiples ? $200 -250 there.
Then you gotta get or make a sleeve out of something, semi-rigid, to hold 'em stationary and in a clean stack.
Might end up with a $300-350 home-made version....would work just as well, probably
post a pic of the wands, I'm curiousThanks for the info. Thought I was going to see something different. I know about those sets. Fleabay listing is interesting.
I have two wands I made DIY. Magnets from Amozombie 2”x 1”. 3D handle.
I’m totally freaking out. I can’t find my large one. Last seen just after New Year’s when I put away the Christmas decorations.post a pic of the wands, I'm curious
Insanely strong. Like 4x more power than last large. Feeling like 40x over the skinny above. I don’t have the new wand(s) printed yet. Still I was curious to test the potential by in hand.how is the "pull" on it compared to the skinny wand ?
Yeow...sounds almost too strong for brass tubing ???Insanely strong. Like 4x more power than last large. Feeling like 40x over the skinny above. I don’t have the new wand(s) printed yet. Still I was curious to test the potential by in hand.
It got my attention more than once and I put it away. You really don’t want this held in your hand. It’s flat out dangerous.
1, Be careful where you place it for temporary storage. Keep it in the box & surrounded buy styrofoam blocks.
This attracts magnetic items 6”-12” away. A hard fast impact from object can shatter the magnet.
2, Keep anything magnetic off or well away on workbench.
3, No pacemakers within 50’.
In five minutes of curiosity, I managed not to impale my hand with anything. Like a close by screwdriver. It’s a magnet that doesn’t care if your hand is in the way.
I managed to pull over both the large coffee cans at back of my bench. . Better 💡. Sit, place the test subject across my legs and work away from bench. It stuck to my belt buckle before reaching the sax with 1-1/2” ball inside.
I promptly put it away right then. I have no doubt this will pull 400Lbs as stated.
Now, I have read reports elsewhere that one CAN MAKE their own system. Again, the balls cost maybe $10-15/ea, you get a half-dozen balls you will be set up pretty well. $80 there
The magnet handheld portion of mine is simply a stack of magnetic discs slapped together, in a custom fitting rubber sleeve with one end open.
Quick perusal eFlay, here's a seller of the discs:
40MM diameter discs around $30/ea, I wold say one would need six at least, stacked. Maybe seven. 50MM diameter would probably be better, maybe they give a discount for buying multiples ? $200 -250 there.
Then you gotta get or make a sleeve out of something, semi-rigid, to hold 'em stationary and in a clean stack.
Might end up with a $300-350 home-made version....would work just as well, probably
Cool, very priceyMagnetic Dent Removal System
www.meridianwinds.com
