support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces The hunt is over (for now anyway)

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
I am very happy to report that I am now the owner of a lovverly Pillinger NYT Tenor bronzite mouthpiece. After trying a few others, this sounds (and records) richer, and appears easy to blow. Oh and Mr (and Mrs) P are a pleasure to deal with.

It also looks pretty good (I know, I know, I'm shallow). I wasn't sure what to expect from the pics, as the bronzite doesn't look that good on the website, but on my sax it looks absolutely amazing.

Yesterday I looked for a lig for it, and wanted a metal lig rather than a rovner type cloth. The problem is that the NYT is smaller than a normal tenor mouthpiece. After some advice from Jules at Sax.co.uk (thanks Jules), I went to WWR in Cambridge where we found that an Alto Vandoren Optimum ligature just fits, if you flatten out the shoulders on the lig to make it a bit bigger. Well chuffed, plus I can use the same lig on my alto mouthpiece :D

Oh, and I also bought the s/h Lawton from Griff: I'm not comfortable playing it yet, but there's something about it that made me decide to get it and see what it sounds like in 6 months or so.

Right then, now I've got no excuse not to get good...

Happy for you, I have the same only in HR, on Tenor & Sop & Bronzite on Alto. I also find the optimum lig works better than the Rovner, it seems to bring out or accentuate the mouthpiece properties. I also have some other MPs in the box that I blow on, but allways go back to my Pillinger, I'm sure you'll find the same.
Jamesmac

Great news!
Maybe now you should experimenting some with alternative reeds, like
ALEXANDER SUPERIAL 'Classique', ALEXANDER SUPERIAL 'DC' , ALEXANDER SUPERIAL 'NY' , ALEXANDER SUPERIAL 'Standard', FRANCOIS LOUIS 'Excellence', Juno, MARCA 'Jazz' , MARCA 'Superieure' , PONZOL 'Handcrafted', RICO 'Hemke Premium', RICO 'Jazz Select Filed', RICO 'Jazz Select Unfiled', RICO 'La Voz', RICO 'Orange', RICO 'Plasticover', RICO 'Reserve', RICO 'Royal', RIGOTTI 'Gold', VANDOREN 'Java', VANDOREN 'Red Java Filed', VANDOREN 'Traditional', VANDOREN 'V12' , VANDOREN 'V16' , VANDOREN 'ZZ'.
>:)

Sounds like you're all sorted now then Tim. Just chuck that guitar to one side and start doing your 'little thang' on the horn :)

Great news!
Maybe now you should experimenting some with alternative reeds, like
ALEXANDER SUPERIAL 'Classique', ALEXANDER SUPERIAL 'DC' , ALEXANDER SUPERIAL 'NY' , ALEXANDER SUPERIAL 'Standard', FRANCOIS LOUIS 'Excellence', Juno, MARCA 'Jazz' , MARCA 'Superieure' , PONZOL 'Handcrafted', RICO 'Hemke Premium', RICO 'Jazz Select Filed', RICO 'Jazz Select Unfiled', RICO 'La Voz', RICO 'Orange', RICO 'Plasticover', RICO 'Reserve', RICO 'Royal', RIGOTTI 'Gold', VANDOREN 'Java', VANDOREN 'Red Java Filed', VANDOREN 'Traditional', VANDOREN 'V12' , VANDOREN 'V16' , VANDOREN 'ZZ'.
>:)

You got something against Wood Stone?

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom