support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones YAS-62 purple logo hunt is over!

thesaxman71

Account Closed
Well folks i think it is no secret i like these vintage 62's, even undiscovered tribes in the Africa know i like them!
And i have been on the prowl, hunt, search or wheatever for a purple logo 62 alto saxophone, well folks, the hunt is over, i have decided long and hard to stick with my Rampone & Cazanni alto...........

NAAAAH, HAVE I HELL!!!!

I have now found exactly the Yamaha 62 what i wanted and after some pleasant negotiaons with a nice (now former) owner i paid for my YAS-62 purple logo alto sax yesterday so just awaiting for it to be shipped to me, this is one excited new owner.
The sax had a full service 3 months ago so all the set up, pads, springs and action are nice and crisp and it plays amazing, the lacqueur is not great but i do not care and this is actually perfect for me for 2 reasons, the seller made me a good price and as i intend to endure another labour of love and strip the lacqueur by hand anyway, as i did with my YTS-62. I will post pictures of a before and after stripping the lacqueur.
thanks all for reading my "kid at Christmas-like" ramblings.
Ian

ps.
my tech here in Norway has an already delacquered 62 purple logo soprano and i am slowly convincing him that i need it more than him......watch this space.

Did they make that many? Who would buy them?

Only joking.... well done on your purchase. Looking forward to the stripping photos. What do you intend to do to the raw finish? Just let it go off, or apply some kind of finish? (should that be norish?).
thanks, just going to let nature take it's course, maybe wax it tho.
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new purple beauty.

I used to have such an alto, it was gorgeous :) My soul is sold to tenor, however, but it was a great alto to play.
i am greedy and want them all :)
Will you be buying some new purple gaffa tape.........?
yes and matching purple Y-fronts.

I just Renaissance waxed the bare body of my Grassi tenor yesterday, before taking it to the tech (Connolly-MIR) to have its "new" dents taken out. Difficult to know if I managed to get the wax in all the nooks and crannies, or what effect it will have. Keywork is next, just a little concerned about getting wax on points due to have adhesive for felt or cork applied. :confused:

HE REMOVES THE PRUPLE????

Isn't there a law against it????

I thought of Norway as civilised. Time for a rethink.
hahaha indeed there is a law but i will keep the neck logo as i did with my tenor, if all else fails i got the original serial number to stare at and console myself with.

Congrats on the new sax, happy blowing :D
thanks very much :thumb:

I just Renaissance waxed the bare body of my Grassi tenor yesterday, before taking it to the tech (Connolly-MIR) to have its "new" dents taken out. Difficult to know if I managed to get the wax in all the nooks and crannies, or what effect it will have. Keywork is next, just a little concerned about getting wax on points due to have adhesive for felt or cork applied. :confused:
on 2nd thought i might just let nature get to it as my tenor is fine without wax.

Congrats Ian .... as a new 62 owner (A Pruple-Free Mark-III) which almost plays itself, handles like a dream and sounds lovely end to end I can appreciate why you want the full set .

The Logos on the MarkIII are such that Pruple Paint can be run into them eaily BTW

Back
Top Bottom