All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

The Café Saxophone Video Compilation, Volume I

rhysonsax

I got Sibelius to export a WAV file of the final head through to the ending of that written arrangement, having taken out the triplet twiddles and changed it to 100bpm with a two bar count in. Don't worry too much about the robot's performance and inability to play some tied notes.

Watermelon Man (Mongo Santamaria) (6 Saxes) Final Head to end.wav - Box

You can either fit an ending to that or I can change the written music to fit a different ending. It's your baby, so make it like you want !

Rhys

Mark Hancock

Subscriber
I got Sibelius to export a WAV file of the final head through to the ending of that written arrangement, having taken out the triplet twiddles and changed it to 100bpm with a two bar count in. Don't worry too much about the robot's performance and inability to play some tied notes.

Watermelon Man (Mongo Santamaria) (6 Saxes) Final Head to end.wav - Box

You can either fit an ending to that or I can change the written music to fit a different ending. It's your baby, so make it like you want !

Rhys
Perfect. Sounds like we need a bari player....

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Sorry I'm late to the party, been a bit hectic. I won't be recording at the moment due to not great lung health following COVID. (Hopefully will get better but right now I can't play for very long)

To do it 'properly' you would use timecode.
used to be necessary with analogue, not so much with digital video
The easiest way is the way everyone has seen films being made, with a clapperboard or some other visual that can be synched to the audio.
yes, a single clap before the playing/visual bit will do nicely.

I can offer to do editing in Final Cut Pro but I see Mark has volunteered. :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
@Pete Thomas sounds like you're slowly on the mend, which is good news! We're nearly done, one solo slot left, but hey, I would like to see this become "a thing", with more versions, other songs, etc. I specifically did NOT want to go over 5 minutes on this. It's a proof of concept, and so far looking pretty good. This will serve to get us in practice for the routine. It's not that hard. Devil in the detail and all that.

Another day should do it!

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
@rhysonsax it's sounding really good! One more solo and we're (more or less) home for the Café Saxophone Video Project #1!

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
It would be fine if you did, too! If you're game that allows us to cross the finish line tomorrow.

rhysonsax

I thought Rhys might be Mr Baritone, but I can do
I did all six tracks (SAATTB) for the final head to the finish, but it would be great if you could take the final improvised chorus if you could record it for @randulo tomorrow.

How does that sound @Ivan ?

Rhys

PS It sounds like there will be more collaborative videos in the near future.

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
I did all six tracks (SAATTB) for the final head to the finish, but it would be great if you could take the final improvised chorus if you could record it for @randulo tomorrow.

How does that sound @Ivan ?

Rhys

PS It sounds like there will be more collaborative videos in the near future.
Sounds good

I'll get to it tomorrow

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom