PPT mouthpieces

StaxofSax workshops Monday 13th Feb and Wed 11th April 2011

littleplum

Hi Folks

After yet another fun and challenging day, we have booked the next 2 events in advance. As the current setup has had loads of positive comments we will keep them the same, but with new tunes each time.

You will start with a large ensemble piece that has been arranged especially for the day and then break into the small ensemble session and then the improvisation starts after lunch for the afternoon period. we are lucky enough to have Nick Hislam lead this again. Nick has a very good reputation both as a player and teacher, whose style is very easy to understand.

The large ensemble piece and the improvisation tune will be sent to delegates a couple of weeks in advance so that you can have a practice before the day.

Any one over the age of 11 with 12 months minimum playing experience is welcome to join us for the day.
The venue is the Leicester South Salvation Army Hall in South Wigston, Leicester.

The cost of the day is £30 per person and the venue has free parking and an excellent on site cafe so no need to go hunting for a sandwich (more time for playing)

If you are interested in joining us or have any questions please either pm me or email on staxofsax**********.

check out staxofsax facebook page for all of the previous photos and reports.

As usual for every forum member that takes part we will make a donation to Petes charity
Hope to see you soon

regards
Dave

Evening fellow saxophonists

Just to let you know that we have 9 booked to attend the course with a few more checking diaries.

If any more forum members would like to join us then either pm me or email on staxofsax********** we would love to see you.

Cheers

Dave

I would of liked to have come but the train times and prices make it unfeasible :( the earliest train time at a reasonable price is 9.04am not arriving at Wigston until 12.22pm :shocked: at a cost of £45.50. The early train price is £63.90 :shocked:

So that effectively rules me out :(

Hi Trimmy
No suggestions for Manchester venues as of yet, do you know of anywhere?
Dave

I dont know of a place, but a friend of mine is a white van man in Manchester and I've asked him if he knows of anywhere, he's got his thinking cap on. I'll let you know with any places he comes up with, disappointed you haven't had any ideas from our Manchester bretheren :( and one of them is a cabbie ( ahem John ) ;}

Hi Folks

For all of those that wanted to come to a StaxofSax workshop but it was too far South to travel, well we hopefully have sorted that problem out for you.

We are pleased to announce a StaxofSax workshop in Manchester on Sunday the 27th May 2012. I have started a new thread with full details.
hope to see you soon

regards

Dave