All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

StaxofSax Workshop 11th April 2012 Leicester

littleplum

Hi Folks

I thought that I ought to open a new thread for the next StaxofSax workshop on the 11th April in South Wigston, Leicester.

The last event was our best ever with 22 players from far and wide, we had a good spread of ages from 10 to nearly 60 years old. We had 4 baris and 3 sops as well as alto's and tenors.

If you check out our facebook page (staxofsax) their are some videos of the improvisation session (the video is not very good as it was taken with my phone).

The next event will include a large ensemble session as well as smaller group work and the afternoon is devoted to the teaching of improvisation techniques for early stage jazzers.

The day starts at 10am until 3pm at the Leicester South Salvation Army Hall which boasts excellent acoustics, a great on site Cafe and free parking, all you needs is a sax and some enthusiasm and you will have a great days music making.

We have a limit of 20(ish) and 8 places are already booked so if you want to join us then don't hestitate.

The cost of the day is £30 per person and for any forum members that joins us we donate 10% to Petes Charity.

So, come and join us for a fun day of Saxophonic merriment in Leicester.

regards

Dave

ps I have made contact with a venue in Manchester as we are aiming to run an event there if possible.

facebook (staxofsax) @ www.daveplummer.net

littleplum

The 11th StaxofSax workshop was another good days playing in Leicester. We had 19 players join us for the day including people from Malvern, Solihull and Bunny (Nottingham).
The large ensemble played a very funky arrangement of Your Song (Billy Pauls version) and the small groups had Looney Toons, Jericho plus others.
The afternoons jazz session led by Nick Hislam had the small groups working on Autumn leaves, So What, Nows the time and Watermelon man.
Everybody said that they had a great day and that it was good value for money. I have some sound recordings from Mandy and will post them as soon as I get time.
It was good to meet Clare, Peter and Pauline on their first StaxofSax event.

Well done to everybody who took part, it was a great day.
Hope to see you on the next one which is booked for the 8th June

best wishes

Dave

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom