support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Some serious talk about saxophone cases

Yes, I know that place, it's partly owned by the guy who murdered his girlfriend Marie Trintignant and I have no intention of ever setting foot in there.

"Marie Trintignant died tragically on the 1st of August, 2003 from a cerebral edema in Neuilly-sur-Seine near Paris, France, following a violent fight with her boyfriend, Bertrand Cantat, lead singer in the French rock band, Noir Désir."

It's well-known here. He got out of jail after a few years. Got eight, served four.

I know all about that, er, person. If he is a partner then that's one club off my jam list.

Bertrand Cantat ouvre Quartier Libre, son bar-resto à Bordeaux - Sud Ouest.fr.jpg

If you want to translate here's the link.

I've just been Googling and also found articles on it. What a shame, it looked like a great venue. Funny how I didn't see his name on their website or FB page.

I've just been Googling and also found articles on it. What a shame, it looked like a great venue. Funny how I didn't see his name on their website or FB page.

Not a great marketing theme! They probably prefer to keep it discreet...

I've replaced both tenor and alto cases from Ebay. Yamaha cases seem to sell for way more than the shipping cost. Listing them plus shipping will avoid any confusion. Nothing quite like walking in with a yani case, and knocking them dead with a G4M ;)
My basic alto has a Selmer case...

What a shame
The shame is that a man beat a woman to death, got 8 years (to me 20 to life might be appropriate, this doesn't happen by accident) and served 4. He tried to go on tour, but I'm told that didn't work out. The big rock mag put his picture on the cover and caused a ****$torm that may have extinguished the interest. Most people don't care, even if they know, becauseit's true, venues are rare in this smallish city. I can't help it, I want nothing to do with the place. I do play across the street sometimes and see that QL is very successful. Good for the other owners, but then, if they accepted to have him on board, f* them, too.

You missed the bit where he's shown little to no remorse for what he did and has even played the victim all while doing press interviews in the (thankfully vain) attempt to keep his tour and festival shows going.

And you're right about his partners, too.

This thread drifted from a sax case to a murder case!

This guy left not one but two dead wifes/girlfriends in his trail. One murder and a suicide. That's heavy!

Tried that - not a single response....
It can take a while but I've seen stuff go in a week and after 2 years, small market, if you can wait always worth listing :)

Jx

just to say that i have bought a number of cases off e-bay, because of course i have bought a number of saxes, some without cases at all. i'm sure you can sell them for 20 - 30 pounds or euros. i see selmer cases priced at over £100 because people seem to imagine they are magic. i actually really like gator cases, they are light and protective and even have room for a mouthpiece. but yamaha solid cases are good.

Back
Top Bottom