Tutorials

Saxophones Some serious talk about saxophone cases

OP
randulo

randulo

19 months of alto
Subscriber
Folks, yesterday at the music store one of the saxophone playing salesman told me the other one had to get his instrument repaired. He was in a club with his ax in a well-padded gig bag. Someone ran into him and screwed it up badly! I promise never to get a gig bag!

QWales

The hard foam cases that are handed out with TJ saxes offer pretty good protection. I've dropped mine twice from about 3 foot and only had to move the C guard a little after. The downside is that both times I dropped it was because of the appauling plastic clasps used to secure the over shoulder straps on either side of the outside lower end of the case.

SopJob

just to say that i have bought a number of cases off e-bay, because of course i have bought a number of saxes, some without cases at all. i'm sure you can sell them for 20 - 30 pounds or euros. i see selmer cases priced at over £100 because people seem to imagine they are magic. i actually really like gator cases, they are light and protective and even have room for a mouthpiece. but yamaha solid cases are good.
Users of Selmer cases just sound better. BTW, people sometimes pay up to 20 Euros for the cardboard box that a Macbook Pro is delivered in. I guess one does not have to understand everything,

peterpick

the only problem there as far as i can see is that apple cardboard boxes do not interact with non-apple branded objects; they actually operate in a different space-time which requires proprietary software to 'bridge' across to. those who foolishly attempt to place non-apple branded consumer goods within such a container will find that they pass straight through without stopping - a bit like those unlocked sax cases.

Colin the Bear

It took me some time and a little deviousness to persuade my daughter that some of the own brand and value brand cereals were actually better than the big brands. After refilling the big brand box with value cereals for a week I told her what I'd done. Ok she said but can you keep putting them in the big brand box. The power of labels and brands.
:rolleyes:

SopJob

It took me some time and a little deviousness to persuade my daughter that some of the own brand and value brand cereals were actually better than the big brands. After refilling the big brand box with value cereals for a week I told her what I'd done. Ok she said but can you keep putting them in the big brand box. The power of labels and brands.
:rolleyes:
That's why I have a Selmer case.

Top Bottom