support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Should we be worried about Mr Howard?

Should we be worried about Mr. Howard?

I've just read 'Sax Chess'- and yes, we should.

I read the first sentence "As I write this it's "Day 8 in the house"

and I couldn't help doing it in a stupidly thick Newcastle accent.

Day 8 in the house and our housemates...........

mamos

God I hate big brother

I'm currently testing boards. I have a gold and black lacquered board, but my testers tell me that the gold squares give the player an unfair advantage as their outlook is always brighter.

I'm building a bare metal board with brass and bronze squares - but the British Chess Society have told me it might lower the tone of the game.

Regards,

mamos

God I hate big brother

Me too.

Comes from Bazal productions, run by a descendent of Bazalguette, the man who constructed the sewers which enabled the excrement to be removed from London. Ironic that his descendents are now piping it back in again.

You could make it out of black and white pudding, using various size sausages as the main pieces, coffee beans as pawns.
Think you would have to make a special veggie one for OG though.

In a serious mood, as I play a little chess from time to time:w00t:
It seems quite feasible to make up a set using plinths with various bits of the sax on these plinths.
eg
Mouth pieces possibly kings.()
Necks possibly queens, (or even baritone/tenor as kings and queens)
If you do, put me down for a set.:):D

You could make it out of black and white pudding, using various size sausages as the main pieces, coffee beans as pawns.

I can see it now...

"Queen's pawn to Bishop's Rook....hey..where's your Bishop??"

"Buuuuurrppp!"

Regards,

I'm currently testing boards. I have a gold and black lacquered board, but my testers tell me that the gold squares give the player an unfair advantage as their outlook is always brighter.

I'm building a bare metal board with brass and bronze squares - but the British Chess Society have told me it might lower the tone of the game.

Regards,

Would they be unlacquered to give the game that vintage feel. And perhaps you could silver plate some for if you wish to make a particularly bright move.

Phil

Think you would have to make a special veggie one for OG though.
Necks possibly queens, (or even baritone/tenor as kings and queens)

Thank you for remembering us veggies but if you suggest that we tenor players are Queens, we'll come around and give you a good slapping with our handbags.

I think I got that right.

I see there's a jazz themed chess set at http://www.chessbaron.co.uk/chess-ST2013.htm. They've made saxophone players the pawns. Mind you, go to any jazz jam and there's usually a ton of sax players.

King- Male vocals
Queen - Female vocals
Bishop - Clarinet (aka "Misery Stick")
Knight - Double bass
Rook- Drums
Pawns - Saxophones

Bah!

davidk, welcome.

Clarinet = misery stick. Made me laugh out loud. Ambrose Bierce said something along the lines of 'the only thing worse than a clarinet is two clarinets'.

Back
Top Bottom