support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Selmer Mk VI

Possibly
but I've seen two-tone horns that looked good with it - I don't think that one does

That plating is really shiny. Someone will like the look.

Seller has been mentioned here before, by @ProfJames iirc?

Unfortunately the nickle plated keys with a gold body suggests a student sax look like Bundys and YAS 23's. The nickle on the keys can be stripped down to the brass and it gives a more "professional" look like the 23 below.

Unfortunately the nickle plated keys with a gold body suggests a student sax look like Bundys and YAS 23's.
Despite the fact that Selmer used to do it for the European market...

Just noticed
one tube band* is plated, the other isn't. It just looks half-baked to me. It's obviously personal taste but I don't think Henri meant for it to look like that

*are they called tube bands?

"Loose tubes" "tubolar bells" and some buskers in London are "tube bands"

They don't look too funny to me: one is soldered, the other is a removable joint.
I would not worry about relaqs.

I'm not worried about re-lacs
I asked about them earlier in my tenure, I can't remember exactly what was said but I recall that the only people who don't worry about re-lacs are sax players.

Whatever that is, re-lac or nickel-plate, it doesn't do it for me

I've not seen one like that before. Maybe it's a bitza - or someone had it specially customised.

Just noticed
one tube band* is plated, the other isn't. It just looks half-baked to me. It's obviously personal taste but I don't think Henri meant for it to look like that

*are they called tube bands?
"Bell to bow connecting ring" is the term used by technicians.

I think the keys on Selmer Mk VI nickelsilver plated and not nickelplated. Some players says that they are solid nickel silver like old Martins. I don't know!?!?!

Be careful with this seller. PM me for first hand experience if necessary.....

Back
Top Bottom