support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Sax Player Needed

So you progressed on the theatre front? You had an abandoned location in mind like the Gare jazz.

Theatres are the type of venue we're aiming the band at. We've just started getting theatre bookings for a tribute band so we're now making contacts and friends on this circuit.

(Though I know I’m not good enough to try out for the slot)

Although I want everyone to be able to take a solo or ten, it's not a prerequisite so I'm not looking for the next Coltrane or Maceo.

or trombone (am I allowed to say this kind of thing here?)

I spoke to a lady who runs a similar type of band with a horn section and she told me that finding and keeping a trombone player is a lot easier than finding and keeping a trumpet player. In a perfect world we'd have two saxes, trumpet and trombone.

Wrong side of the estuary for me.

Phew!

The last thing I need is for the rest of the band to know how crap I really am. ;)

Good luck!

Thanks.

This sounds like fun, Dave! I'm too far away (and too old and not good enough;)) unfortunately. Just a thought: maybe local music school/college students might be interested in getting more live stage experience and earning a couple of bob (or free drinks) while doing it?

In one of my Big Bands the MD is a 2nd year music student (and trumpet player). His predecessor too. They've both sometimes 'played along' and the difference in quality with the best 'amateurs' is just amazing. They've both asked other students (sax, trombone, piano, MD) to 'fill in gaps' at our concerts and I'm in awe of how these students can just turn up, play the dots and give the most dazzling solos!

Again, just a thought,

Mike

I'm putting together and Rhythm & Blues Revue band and need a sax player. The band itself is almost complete, but I need another sax player for the horn section. Well, I need a trumpet and singer, too, to fully complete the band (drums, bass, two guitars, keyboards, sax with three backing singers at the moment) so if anyone knows of anyone that would be handy.

It doesn't matter if you play alto or tenor. If you play both, even better.

If you're within sensible travelling distance of Brentwood and like the idea then let me know.

I thought I'd ask here first before exploring further afield.

I thought that if someone from here wanted to join in, I would know them to a certain extent, which would be a nice bonus.

I'm still looking for another sax player. It's taken hours but I've got 3 part arrangements for 6 songs. Only 19 more to go ... don't make it a waste of time. Grab your horn and join in. ;)

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm putting together and Rhythm & Blues Revue band and need a sax player. The band itself is almost complete, but I need another sax player for the horn section. Well, I need a trumpet and singer, too, to fully complete the band (drums, bass, two guitars, keyboards, sax with three backing singers at the moment) so if anyone knows of anyone that would be handy.

It doesn't matter if you play alto or tenor. If you play both, even better.

If you're within sensible travelling distance of Brentwood and like the idea then let me know.
Dave - I guess you're looking for long term players to rehearse and gig, not just play one or two off while you're still looking? I'm a Leicester-based alto and tenor player ( so about 2 hours away on a good day). Probably not sensible although I'd help if I could..

Many thanks for the offer but you're right, I need a regular player and Leicester would be a hell of a slog just to rehearse, too.

… Need to get off my phone and onto the 27” to get the full impact of that! (Your manuscript post Dave, not the last)

… I did discover that it’s not 16 separate songs that you’ve knocked off 3-part arrangements for! (See what a high pedestal you were briefly on, now you’re back down to mere ridiculously awesome.)
[BGCOLOR=transparent]What a great piece of work. [/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=transparent]If I wasn’t drowning in music I can’t play I would be begging you for a closer look. Keep going: “[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=transparent]If you arrange it, they will come.”[/BGCOLOR]